cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chill82
Adept I

Re: Variety of bugs found on RX 5600 XT so far...

I see, thank you very much. I've still not been able to resolve the issues with crashing/restarting PC. tried everything I could find including swicthing the PCI 4 to 3 since it's said to help 5700/5700XT

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

notvladel wrote:

Yes, I agree with this, good for acknowledging it BUT, and it's a big BUT the issue is from last year's October or November. ) When you start counting how many driver releases and and the number of months since then you just start wondering  

I call issues like that festering problems as some posts here go back several months with the same issues

I agree its very frustrating to wait for a fix

I reset windows very recently and 20.2.1 now works properly. No more BSOD headaches.

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

Well ok, the last crash was the amd gaming software, i wanted to know the specific entries for the games you play.

I don't know if it's a workaround at all, but give this a shot:

Copy the folder of the amd gpu driver installer folder somewhere.

Remove the driver through add remove programs in windows.

Go into device manager and update driver by pointing the install to the amd installer location.

That way you have no software to cause issues.

i5 8600K RX 480 32 GB
jonathanwoo
Journeyman III

@chill82 - I am experiencing the exact same issue -

Reinstalled windows 3 times this weekend trying many combinations and still get crashing:

Mobo: X470 Gaming Pro (MSI)

Ram G.Skillz 3200 - @3200

R5 3600 - no OC

750 Bronze 80 PSU (2 pci-e cables)

Windows 10 1803/1903/1909 tested

Drivers 2020.1.3 / 19.9.x / 2020,2,1 all tried and get same results

NVME for OS - HDD for game content, tried moving about also

Installed MSI mobo drivers / clean install and used AMD drivers only - no otehr bits except Discord 

(disabled accelleration) and crash in GTAV,GR:Breakpoint:TheDivision2

Stock Bios - crashed

Updated from Powercolor site - Still crash (didn't keep backup of stock BIOS unfortunately to drop back)

Emailed both supplier and Powercolor for suggestions.

(RX580 works a treat solid as a rock)

0 Likes
notvladel
Journeyman III

Sad to hear this. I had the Gigabyte version and just returned my GPU... I think you can consider that too because of Tech Jesus' video

0 Likes
punkmunster
Adept I

Hi, it would be a good idea restarting you're system.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

jonathanwoo wrote:

@chill82 - I am experiencing the exact same issue -

Reinstalled windows 3 times this weekend trying many combinations and still get crashing:

Mobo: X470 Gaming Pro (MSI)

Ram G.Skillz 3200 - @3200

R5 3600 - no OC

750 Bronze 80 PSU (2 pci-e cables)

Windows 10 1803/1903/1909 tested

Drivers 2020.1.3 / 19.9.x / 2020,2,1 all tried and get same results

NVME for OS - HDD for game content, tried moving about also

Installed MSI mobo drivers / clean install and used AMD drivers only - no otehr bits except Discord 

(disabled accelleration) and crash in GTAV,GR:Breakpoint:TheDivision2

Stock Bios - crashed

Updated from Powercolor site - Still crash (didn't keep backup of stock BIOS unfortunately to drop back)

Emailed both supplier and Powercolor for suggestions.

(RX580 works a treat solid as a rock)

I do not modify the BIOS on my video card ordinarily. I did do that with my Kepler cards when UEFI was around for Windows 8 but that was to support the new operating system requirements.

0 Likes
jonathanwoo
Journeyman III

So I took the card back to the supplier - they checked it and confirmed there was a problem, and swapped it out for me.  Since the replacement card has been in I have touch wood, had no problems with the games crashing.  It was odd as Windows rarely crashed but games did often.

Anyway I have not yet touched the BIOS as I wanted a couple of good sessions of solid gameplay before I consider doing it (and its from Manufacturers site so guessing it should be ok)

I can run Ghost Recon:Breakpoint and GTAV at very high/ultra details at 1080 and get a half decent very playable framerate. I do have to say the drivers are not perfect I get the odd stutter when recording etc but that one of the known issues and I trust AMD will have this sorted.

but I recommend anyone seeing the issues mentioned above return the card to the supplier, or very least raise a technical support call depending on feasability of getting to the supplier.

Anyway wish you happy gaming.....

0 Likes
liverpoolfanster
Journeyman III

mofuyu

I have a sapphire 5600xt pulse. ryzen 7 3800x , asus rog strix x570-e 

1. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) Blue Screen will still occur even when I browse Facebook or do nothing. (PC freeze and then Blue screen error pop out)  

With this error it would cause a black screen for me and i would have to shut down the program/computer depending no the error i determine that disabling the Radeon Enhanced Sync fixed the issues with that error showing up on the reliability reports. Wait for vertical refresh i have off, unless application specifies

The other issue with the black screens I been using chromium edge browser and it will crash/flicker on occasion but not often enough to know what exactly the issue is but I can't tell for sure if it is a driver bug or a bug in edge/chrome as I not BSOD and I have the hardware acceleration on. 

There also a number of window setting that i turned off in win 1909 that i don't know helped with reducing issues as well with regards to the display/graphic card and game options that windows has in it settings

0 Likes
ultraradon222
Adept I

black blue and green screen

desktop freezzzz and dead

i cry

SOS!!!!!

error radeonsoftware

0 Likes