Clarification on models and voltages for RDNA2

Hello !

I have an 6750XT and one 6800XT the max voltage allowed in drivers are:

6700XT=???

6750XT=1.2V

6800XT=1.15V

6900XT=1.175V ???

6950XT=???

Can someone please fill in the blanks for me ?

Thanks a lot !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found this Tom's Hardware article that shows the vBIOS of 2 RX6950XT GPU Cards. It shows the minimum and maximum voltages that the GPU card uses:

Screenshot 2022-11-22 150337.png

Seems like the GPU's vBIOS is what determines the Maximum Voltage the GPU card can support. So maybe you can go to TechPowerUp and download the vBIOS file and open them to see what is the Max Voltage for each OEM GPU card.

From the above it seems like all 6950XT have the same Max Power requirements.

Please place to ask is at Overclocking Forums where the Users will know how much voltage can be applied before becoming unstable.

You can also open a AMD Support Ticket and ask them for that information if possible from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Note: what I did learn is the 6900 series GPU card will shut down at 118c according to the above vBIOS information. This might be applicable for all 6000 series GPU cards since they all have 110c Maximum Operating Temperatures.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

are you asking because you are thinking of overclocking your GPU card?

0 Likes
Bernek
Adept II

I am asking because I'm doing a school project. Can you help ? since its clearly not confidential information.

Also watercooled models voltages would definately help ! Thanks a lot !

0 Likes

Found this Tom's Hardware article that shows the vBIOS of 2 RX6950XT GPU Cards. It shows the minimum and maximum voltages that the GPU card uses:

Screenshot 2022-11-22 150337.png

Seems like the GPU's vBIOS is what determines the Maximum Voltage the GPU card can support. So maybe you can go to TechPowerUp and download the vBIOS file and open them to see what is the Max Voltage for each OEM GPU card.

From the above it seems like all 6950XT have the same Max Power requirements.

Please place to ask is at Overclocking Forums where the Users will know how much voltage can be applied before becoming unstable.

You can also open a AMD Support Ticket and ask them for that information if possible from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Note: what I did learn is the 6900 series GPU card will shut down at 118c according to the above vBIOS information. This might be applicable for all 6000 series GPU cards since they all have 110c Maximum Operating Temperatures.