cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pram
Journeyman III

Chipset Driver Not Installing

I recently built a new computer and in Device Manager I see that there are some PCI Devices that say their drivers aren't installed. When I try updating them, Windows say it couldn't find any updates. There's also a PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller that says its driver isn't installed too, and it seems like the common solution to fixing that is to install the latest chipset driver. I downloaded the latest chipset from this page, but when I try running the executable, I get this error:

I tried installing older versions of the chipset from this page, but I get the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this? Here's what my Device Manager looks like for reference:

My computer specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

ASRock x570 Taichi Motherboard

Gigabyte 2080 Ti Windforce

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600

SeaSonic 750W 80+ Platinum Certified

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to get Windows 10 Pro; would that cause any issues?

0 Likes
1 Solution
pram
Journeyman III

Turns out I hadn't downloaded the All-in-one package from the motherboard website. I could've sworn that was the first thing I did when I built the computer, but I guess not.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pram
Journeyman III

Turns out I hadn't downloaded the All-in-one package from the motherboard website. I could've sworn that was the first thing I did when I built the computer, but I guess not.

See if you have the latest BIOS for your Motherboard from ASRock Support: ASRock > X570 Taichi .

The latest is BIOS version 3.0

See if installing ASRock's AMD CHIPSET Driver will install correctly: ASRock > X570 Taichi 

Since you don't have a Rzyen APU with integrated Graphics it won't install the Graphics driver part of the CHIPSET.

0 Likes