cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daonayt
Adept I

Chipset driver installation hangs

The green dots have been spinning for 35 minutes now... This is my 17 millionth attempt at installation.

Things that absolutely didn't help whatsoever:
- deleting C:/AMD
- sfc /scannow and dism

- uninstalling all AMD software including the GPU drivers (with DDU)

- disabling antivirus and firewall

- something else I tried that I cant remember anymore because I have been trying to do this for six days now

version 2.01.15.2138

B450 chipset

Win10 1909

GPU drivers are a total mess as well BTW

I quite regret not going for an Intel/nvidia system of equal performance that was €50 more expensive. Will have to be smarter next time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
strixuk
Adept II

Download AMDCleanUpUtility and try that, i once had problems when using DDU but tried AMDCleanUpUtility and it worked perfect so now i always use that instead of DDU

Let me know mate how you get on

0 Likes

if the driver cleanup does not solve the problem you may need to reset windows

I have found that necessary many times myself.

0 Likes
thib
Journeyman III

I’m having huge issues with last AMD drivers (Chipset and GPU) on 2 totally differents systems.

1) ASUS B450 Strix / 3800x / 32Go 3600Mhz / gigabyte Radeon RXVega64.

2) Asus B450mk / 1700x / 16Go 3000Mhz / Asus rx570 4Go

bios are updated.

Random black screen and freeze on the first one since updated to last Chipset driver (GPU rx570 is on old 2019 Radeon drivers because it’s my parents system and they don’t play any game).

On the second which is mine, I’m having more problems, random crash with BSOD, last 2020 Adrenalin GPU drivers are a mess but I’m not sur it’s only them.

I think there are some conflicts between GPU/Chipset drivers.

It’s not possible for me to find what is wrong, if it’s the chipset or the GPU drivers.

Running a big amount of Memtest / windows memory diagnostic on both systems never found any errors on ram, prime 95 neither.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH ALL YOUR LAST DRIVERS AMD ???

0 Likes