Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

chipset driver installation bug

new chipset driver version :amd_chipset_drivers_v1.8.19.0915

same problem as previously : I can't install them with the exe file.

I have a "1603" error in the log file, the one created by that installer (c:\users\me\AMD_Chipset_IODrivers.log), when I check it, at the end of the file it is said :

"MSI (c) (84:40) [01:45:13:478]: Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Configuration failed"

even if the installer says "successfully installed" when it's finished and display the "reboot now" button in fact nothing installs, so imagine the poor quality of that "installer"...

so I have got to find the extracted files and there are a lot of files and had to search them in

C:\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\IODriver

now i have a lot of "things" to uninstall in a case of a new version to install , it's really a mess now ... will I have to reinstall windows just because of this and hope it won't happen again then ?

Do I have to search fixes myself as customer care says "it's not us it's microsoft" ? the fact is it's just some drivers and they are the only that I can't install (in a normal way) and AMD accuses microsoft ? I thing it's beginning to be a little strange

1 Solution
rawintellect
Miniboss

I had the same issue. I solved it by extracting it to a folder first instead of clicking on the *.exe within the archive. I also turned off antivirus and firewall protection as well as MSI afterburner. Then I right clicked and ran as an administrator. All of this should be standard when installing AMD drivers. I was just lazy and thought I could get away with it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

on asus web site for the chipset of my motherboard it is said :

"Update AMD chipset driver 19.10.xx first before update this driver"

what does this mean ??

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

I had the same issue. I solved it by extracting it to a folder first instead of clicking on the *.exe within the archive. I also turned off antivirus and firewall protection as well as MSI afterburner. Then I right clicked and ran as an administrator. All of this should be standard when installing AMD drivers. I was just lazy and thought I could get away with it.

thanks rawintellect , it seems you got the answer :

MSI (c) (88:8C) [15:49:11:339]: Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Installation operation completed successfully.

well done  !

RicardoMadGello
Journeyman III

same here

HEY! AMD!!

LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO ME NOW!!!

PAIN

RicardoMadGello_0-1614755352964.png

0 Likes