cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sasskloppers
Journeyman III

Changed motherboard from Asus to Gigabyte, unable to install chipset drivers & RGB not working?

Hello

Newbie to this forum.

My question is I have updated my son's PC from an Asus Rog Strix b450 board to a Gigabyte B450 Gaming X board.

Problem now is I am unable to update the AMD chipset drivers, and I noticed that none of the board RGB functions are working, even though I installed the EGB fusion app for Windows 11.

How can I get rid of the Asus registry entries and all software, or must I reinstall Windows 11?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Skrybe
Challenger

Firstly, was the only Asus product you have the motherboard or do you have an Asus video card? If it's just the motherboard then remove anything Asus related. If you have a video card (or something else from Asus) then confirm that it's related to the mobo before you remove it.

Depending on what you've installed previously you could have Asus AI suite, Armory Crate and Aura Creator. Look for those since they're the usual culprits.

Start with the obvious, Windows Settings - Apps. Looks for the above-mentioned Asus Apps and remove them.

It's possible Asus apps are installed that don't appear in settings-apps. If you check the start menu for Asus items do you see a folder for "Asus" or any of the three apps from above? If so look for an uninstall option in that. If you can't see an explicit uninstall option right click on the app in the start menu. You should see an option to uninstall in the pop-up menu.

If that doesn't help then let us know because it's probably going to get fiddly...

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for the reply

The board was the only Asus device. I have eventually re-installed Win11 and it is working well at the moment, except I am totally unable to get the RGB working. 

I have PWM fans but no way I can get the RBG utility to work at all.

Any idea what is the cause of that?

Thank you

0 Likes