cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AlmostKiwi
Journeyman III

Changed GPU, now monitor is only reporting as 144hz

I have a pixio px277 prime display (2560x1440 165Hz) and I've just yesterday swapped out my 3070 for a 7900 XTX, but my display is now only reporting in windows and AMD Adrenalin as 144Hz. It doesn't make a huge difference but I'd really like to at least get what my monitor is capable of.

• I'm using a display port 1.2 cable (same as with the Nvidia GPU) from my GPU

• I've run Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and reinstalled AMD Adrenalin + latest drivers several times

• I've tried setting a custom resolution in Adrenalin and setting the refresh rate to 165, but there's a box labelled "G.Pixel Clock (kHz)" showing an error, I don't know how to deal with this to save the settings.

• I've tried messing with the monitor's settings and there's nothing in the menus except for freesync and colour settings, additionally Pixio has no drivers/firmware updates for my monitor.

• I've tried switching to the other DP port on the GPU

I've looked everywhere for an answer for this and every solution I can find comes down to people using HDMI cables where they shouldn't. Any help or suggestions would be amazing

0 Likes
4 Replies
endlessloop
Journeyman III

Settings------>System---->Display----> advanced display------->refresh rate

windows 10 Ryzen 5800x3D B450 16GB ram Noctua NH12S

0 Likes

Same problem with a wqhd 240hz display port 1.4

Test every thing, max 144hz is possible...

0 Likes
Jayjaynelsonn
Journeyman III

Did you find the solution to this? Same exact problem. Same monitor and gpu.

0 Likes
Jayjaynelsonn
Journeyman III

Found the solution…. I replaced the dp. The pixio one probably couldn’t support the rx 7900xt

0 Likes