cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nycaribou
Journeyman III

Catalyst DISAPPEARED?

I decided to try the MMO, "Final Fantasy XIV." When I started it up, it threatened all sorts of nastiness from galaxy-wide apocalypse to an itchy rash that sticks when it rains unless I updated my video driver. I did so, and now all of a sudden, it's absolutely impossible to access the Catalyst software. There's no more icon for Catalyst in my system tray, it doesn't appear in my start menu anymore, and I can't activate it in Device Manager or anywhere else in Control Panel.

Now my screen is too dark even with my monitor's brightness set to maximum.

I have Windows 10 64-bit, although I don't believe this had anything to do with my problem. The problem just started two days ago when I updated the driver.

My card is a Radeon 6770. Old card, yes I know, but I can't afford "the latest," so I put my rigs together with parts I can afford.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Catalyst DISAPPEARED?

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Besides what Kingfish posted, Your HD 6770 is considered to be a legacy card, no longer supported by AMD.  This is the link that will explain everything plus the last AMD driver download made available before AMD stopped supporting your HD 6770.

Legacy

0 Kudos
nycaribou
Journeyman III

Never mind. I fixed it myself.

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos