cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gcgrossi
Journeyman III

Catalyst Control Center Doesn't has all the menus that should.

I have a notebook Dell with Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon r7 m260. I use the Catalyst Control Center 15.4 Beta, but it hasnt all the menus, like desktop management for example, even in advanced view. Someone knows what to do?

0 Likes
12 Replies
gcgrossi
Journeyman III

Re: Catalyst Control Center Doesn't has all the menus that should.

CCC.pngThats is how my AMD CCC looks like

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

What is the exact model of your laptop? Do you have switchable graphics? In device manager do you have any yellow marks? When you click on 'software' in CCC..what version does it say? Why do you have surface format optimization enabled and tessellation @ amd optimized?

0 Likes
gcgrossi
Journeyman III

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. Yes, I do have the switchable graphics. None yellow marks in device manager. On 'software' in CCC says 15.4 catalyst version. About the surface and tesselation the CCC just came this way.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Ok...there are several Inspiron 15 5000 series laptops. All have different configurations, but they all seem to have a Intel processor, So....

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics must be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually find the latest graphics driver for your laptop as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know what version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Now use the clean install method to remove all Intel graphics and AMD graphics from your computer,

https://community.amd.com/message/2645771#2645771

Then install the Intel drivers first and lastly the AMD drivers.

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct

0 Likes
gcgrossi
Journeyman III

In wich order should I do that unninstaling so that I dont get a black screen by not having any drivers installed?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Intel then AMD. You won't have a black screen..don't worry. Follow the clean install tut. Have the new drivers already on your desktop.  Make a system restore point if you want.

0 Likes
gcgrossi
Journeyman III

I did exactly how the tutorial says and I still dont got the other menu options, what should I do?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

What is really strange is that most of the time the items that are not installed..are the ones you have, ie, gaming, power, and CCC. Maybe the beta drivers are not for you. Did you have all the options before you tried to update? Try the whql 14.12.

0 Likes
gcgrossi
Journeyman III

I never had the other options, neither when I used 14.12.

0 Likes