cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Re: Catalyst 15.7.1 is now available

Sony, Panasonic, and Toshiba have 'opted out' of allowing their graphics to be updated by AMD's generic drivers...unless they changed their policy for Win 10, which I doubt. Check with Sony support for drivers. There is also this:

Not everyone will get Windows 10 on its July 29th release date ...Sony PC warning

0 Kudos
jtoman
Journeyman III

I see farcry 4 in crossfire is all messed up with this driver on window s10. Can anyone else verify they are seeing the same issue

0 Kudos

Sadly it still has the black screen issue for me upon loading CCC after login, so it's back to 15.5.

0 Kudos

A question I should have asked earlier: Is the download package self terminating? Both times after I installed Catalyst 15.7 and 15.7.1, the download package disappeared after installation.

0 Kudos
ulfednir
Adept I

For what I see my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650  doesn't work at all, well, on panel it seems ok but Win10 won't use it.  I decided to upgrade my OS (Windows 7) when I read "AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series products should fully work in Windows® 10 but will not support DirectX® 12 specific features."

I manually downloaded last catalyst and driver, but Win10 just run intel hd grapics, I can't even set gpu on catalyst panel as it says for many applications "to ensure compatibility this application is locked", and if I set high performance for others, let's say Dota 2, it goes black screen when opening.

Ok, it's written "SHOULD fully work", "should", maybe this was a tricky word.
Back to my issue, I could expect some minor problems with particular funcionalities and/or programs, but how come my pc now can't use at all its primary gpu?

I hope an update will fix this problem soon, but now I'm thinking about getting back to Win7...

Thanks for help.

tearsdontfall
Journeyman III

Anyone else getting the Anti-Aliasing bug where they cannot select a sample level after choosing to Override Application Settings? I can select 12x, 24x when using a different filter, but not 2x, 4x or 8x.

I had found the bug on these forums related to an older driver. But their fix (of selecting the default language) did not work.

0 Kudos
ulfednir
Adept I

For what I see my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650  doesn't work at all, well, on panel it seems ok but Win10 won't use it.  I decided to upgrade my OS (Windows 7) when I read "AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series products should fully work in Windows® 10 but will not support DirectX® 12 specific features."

I manually downloaded last catalyst and driver, but Win10 just run intel hd grapics, I can't even set gpu on catalyst panel as it says for many applications "to ensure compatibility this application is locked", and if I set high performance for others, let's say Dota 2, it goes black screen when opening.

Ok, it's written "SHOULD fully work", "should", maybe this was a tricky word.
Back to my issue, I could expect some minor problems with particular funcionalities and/or programs, but how come my pc now can't use at all its primary gpu?

I hope an update will fix this problem soon, but now I'm thinking about getting back to Win7...

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
silentwarrior
Adept I

The 15.07.1 release brought down HDMI sound output for me. Reverting to the previous Catalyst release took care of it. (But OMFG the arcane voodoo tricks I had to resort to to get there...)

HD 6850 1Gb, third party, display connected with DVI

Win7_64 SP1

Other PCI - not PCIe - sound hardware present

0 Kudos
ulfednir
Adept I

Glad you made it mate... but I can't even revert to Win7 (wich probably would fix my problem) cause when I click on "go back to Windows 7" nothing happens, utility doesn't start at all. Yeah, I definitely could use some arcane vodoo tricks here!

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

You have an entirely different problem and should start your own thread. Your LAPTOP with switchable graphics will never work the way you are doing it. It has nothing to do with Windows 10..it works fine on your type set-up.

Start your own thread and get some advice for your type computer.

And one post is all that is required.

0 Kudos