cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ulfednir
Adept I

Re: Catalyst 15.7.1 is now available

Well, thanks mate, at least you had the chance to talk to one of their staff. I'd still like an official reply from AMD.

0 Kudos
crispal77
Adept II

hi, i installed a week ago drivers "AMD Radeon™ R9 390 Series" (corresponding to my card and SO W10), and it does not work , games freeze when starting. Reinstall the OS and the problem continues. We need a concrete solution, not possible solutions.

0 Kudos
yami
Journeyman III

Hello,

I wanted to install this version of the display driver, but when the installer finishes and i check the install log i can see that the Catalyst 15.7.1 display driver has the status of "Fail" and in errors i can see the text:

"Error messages

Driver Install: a supplied parameter is not valid "

Does anyone know what might be causing this and which parameter is not valid?

I forgot to mention i am running a Radeon R9 270

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
blastercs
Journeyman III

After installing the new driver , my  fps in cs 1.6 starts with 100 , after 1 min it get down to 60... , i Have ATI HD 8500 , on Win 7 x64 .

0 Kudos
vectorroll
Journeyman III

Man I wish Microsoft was not so Shiesty. DX12 can work on Windows 8.1 and yet they are just holding off support in order to try and get people to upgrade to Windows 10. But I Digress.

Anyways... I noticed an issue when running DxDiag. It seems that it gives me an error that it can not access DirectShow. It still runs when I click Yes and really does not give any other issues but that pops up every time I run it. I never got that issue before, but I also haven't run DXDiag in over a year. Anyways I thought I would mention it. The pic of the message is below with System Info section of DxDiag to follow.

DXDiag%20issue.png

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/5/2015, 09:04:04

Machine name: (----REMOVED----)

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/20/10 09:47:36 Ver: 08.00.10

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8138MB RAM

Page File: 1561MB used, 7855MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1). Re-running DxDiag with "dontskip" command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

If no reports are sent in there will be no fix for your issues. posting in a user-to-user gaming forum is not enough. Oh, and this is just a reporting of a issue and does not start a two way dialogue with AMD tech/driver department. Do not expect a personal reply. Just report it. And urge anyone with the same problem to do the same. If enough reports of the same issue are received, the chances are good for a fix with the next beta release.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Kudos
metagravedom
Adept II

im having issues with the sound on windows 10. after an hour or two the sound just stops completely and testing audio gives me "failed to play test sound" or "this device is already in use with another application" the only way to get the sound back is to restart the computer completely... weird thing is audio never does this on linux or windows 8.1. any eta on a fix or update? @ray_m i saw this "[421570] Audio driver is banged out for non-primary ASIC after enabling CF and rebooting system" but i have no idea what it means...

kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
metagravedom
Adept II

i already sent in like 10 lol but thx for the info. ill save the link i have a feeling i will be using it more and more with windows 10...

0 Kudos
vectorroll
Journeyman III

Didn't think this was a gaming forum. Thought it was a AMD forum on their Drivers and Software and where we can come to discus and share info and thoughts on said Drivers and Software. At least this section anyways.

Anyways I already uploaded the Bug info but thanks for replying and suggesting to do so. Always good to remind people to do so.

0 Kudos