cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cntrlaltdel
Journeyman III

Cant update APU driver

I keep getting this message that I need to update my AMD driver of my APU A8-3850 from v15 to v18 but every time I try it tells me I should use Windows 10 update which basically just installs version 15 and says there are no more updates. Even from fresh install it installs v15.

Using Windows 10 Pro x64
APU A8-3850 HD6550D

2018-10-04 22_07_56-Software Update.png

Even checking the website, it only has old outdated drivers for with 8.1 and lower

0 Likes
3 Replies

There will be no more updates for Win8 or Win8.1

This is how you get the latest available driver..the 16.2.1 beta:

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

ALSO:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

So if v16 beta is the only driver I have access to why does the control panel keep prompting me to update to v18?

0 Likes

There are no more drivers for your APU and never will be. So it must be a bug. Worry about it all you want...or install the 16.2.1.