cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chrisb123
Adept II

Cant temove old storemi and install new storemi

I'm having an issue removing the old storemi v1.5 and replacing it with the new storemi v2, it insists it is installed and refuses to updated because of that. I have a X470 motherboard

The drive is a data drive not the windows OS boot drive

I disabled fast tier so everything is on the slow tier

Then uninstalled it all, seemed to work just fine, reboot fine, no indication storemi is running

But can't install new storemi.

So I read somewhere you have no choice but to delete the slow drive...

So I shrink the partition and copy everything across to the second partition on the same drive, 15 hours later it finished

I delete the original slow drive partition, reboot

Still can't install new storemi.

Why does it think the old storemi is running? preventing me from installing the new storemi

How can i even tell if its running?

I deleted the AMD/storemi folder

What else can i delete uninstall change copy, format to get this working?

I might as well start wasting even more time copying to a network drive.... ehhhhh

0 Likes
1 Solution
chrisb123
Adept II

Thanks for the help.

I didnt uninstall at the time as I was still using it and waiting for the new version

Found the solution for what I needed

Go into Device Manager, double-click Storage controllers, right-click on EnTier Virtualized AHCI Controller, and choose Update driver.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer."  Double-click "Standard SATA AHCI Controller."

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Since this concerns the old STOREMI 1.0 version maybe enmotus‌ might be able to help you. The old AMD STOREMI was based on Enmotus FUZE software.

The new AMD STOREMI 2.0 is completely different from the old STOREMI 1.0 version and not based on Enmotus software anymore.

0 Likes
chrisb123
Adept II

stoermi v1.5

0 Likes

This was the original AMD STOREMI version before it was discontinued and replaced by the new AMD STOREMI correct?

If it is, then it is based on Enmotus FUZE program and enmotus might be able to assist you in removing all traces of that old version from your computer.

0 Likes
chrisb123
Adept II

so im the only person that installed the old storemi?

nobody in the entire community has any idea how to completely remove it?

what's the bet enmotus support refer me back to amd support?

if amd develop the new storemi, and it knows the software still exist, so it knows what to look for and where it is?

0 Likes

You can always open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and asked and see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

By the way, when AMD discontinued the original STOREMI, Enmotus website was giving free Tech Support for a couple of months to any AMD Users still using STOREMI.  That has ended now though. But maybe Enmotus will still be able to assist you if he has the time to reply.

0 Likes
chrisb123
Adept II

Thanks for the help.

I didnt uninstall at the time as I was still using it and waiting for the new version

Found the solution for what I needed

Go into Device Manager, double-click Storage controllers, right-click on EnTier Virtualized AHCI Controller, and choose Update driver.  Click "Browse my computer for driver software", then click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer."  Double-click "Standard SATA AHCI Controller."

Omg! Thank you.

0 Likes