Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

richardpickman
Journeyman III

Cant start Radeon Software when Freesync is enabled

Hi there.

This is my first post, so please have mercy.

Since installing 19.12.3 i have no access to the Radeon Software when i play something with freesync enabled. When i disable freesync in my monitor everything is fine. When i enable it and play any game on fullscreen, after the game exits to desktop, i cant start Radeon Software anymore. Double Click on the Icon in the Tray does nothing. If i try to start it via Windows 10 menu it only gives a opague window and thats it. I have to reboot so i can configure something. Even the overlays dont work until i reboot.

I tried reinstalling the uninstall and reinstall the driver but it did not work. Do i miss something?

2 Replies
filipe1607
Adept I

I didn't realize that is freesync the problem, and it is!

My adrenalin doesn't open after a fullscreen application also. After disabling freesync in my monitor option, it worked again.... What a shame! I have the latest version and i've made cleanup utility, it just doesn't work anymore.

Did you fixed that?

0 Likes

Nope. Could not fix it. Even the latest drivers did not work. 

But i use a workaround. Seems like Radeon Software crashes on fullscreen Apps, so i kill all the Radeon Software tasks in the Taskmanager and restart it again via right click on the desktop. That or a reboot. 

0 Likes