cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jn94
Journeyman III

Cant play audio through hdmi or dp anymore.

I have an RX 580, today I had a computer issue  getting bsods after a power outage while playing games. And i ran DDU and updated my drivers. Anyway, I can no longer play audio through my monitor or tv anymore. The only device showing in the sounds list is the motherboard speaker option which is my headphones. 

I have radeon software 20.11.1

r5 1600

gigabyte ab350m gaming 3

0 Likes
1 Reply

If you don't have a UPS installed, Power outages can be very harmful to your computer's hardware and  software.

In Windows Sound Panel click on the Headphone icon and then click to show "Disabled and Disconnected" Audio devices.

See if your TV or Speakers under AMD Driver are showing.

Also if you have your Headphone as the "Default" Audio device none of your other Audio will work including any connected to the AMD GPU card.

If AMD Audio driver are not showing then go to Device Manager (any errors or yellow exclamation marks)  under Sound and Video and see if AMD HD Audio is installed.

Try installing the AMD HD Audio driver again.

Also the power outages could have corrupted your Windows installation when your PC was turned off unexpectedly.  I would run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following command line to check you OS: SFC /scannow

You can also try an In-Place Windows repair by running the same Windows version installation while on the Windows Desktop. It will migrate all of your 3rd party Apps and drivers but install a new Windows folder.

0 Likes