cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

magyarmark
Adept I

cant install legacy graphics driver windows 7

hp pavilion g6 with a6-3420m, dual graphics radeon 6520g and 7420m or similar, but i think its not matter here, just this is outdated so its need legacy drivers

tried a lot of things in win10 but decided to give up and try in win7, still dont work

i updated windows, its says up to date, it done more than 200 updates

i done a driver delete too with ddu to retry, still not working

thanks for help

0 Likes
25 Replies

This is the correct Laptop Graphics/APU Driver : Legacy . It would be best to use  HP Support Laptop Graphics/APU drivers first before trying to install AMD Generic Laptop drivers to see if it works correctly.

From AMD Forums on how to update your Laptop Graphics: Laptop graphics update...How to

And how to configure your Laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to

This looks like the HP Laptop model you have to download Drivers from HP Support: HP Pavilion g6-1d48dx Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

yes i downloaded that legacy driver you linked, tried both, none of them worked

the next 2 links are similar tutorials i know how to do... i done like 20 driver installation and delete in the last few days...

about the the last link: my model is g6-1313sh, so i can find that site: HP Pavilion g6-1313sh Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

so you are saying to download drivers from that site? I will give this a try and update what happened.

Or when you wrote "hp support" means that app that comes with the laptop? Because i deleted all the hp apps, they all looked useless, one of them updated something but it was not graphics driver for sure... they felt like just slowing down the laptop (i let one hp app to update 4 thing but the graphics driver didnt work)

0 Likes

Yes, try installing the Graphics drivers from HP Support (HP WEBSITE WITH DRIVER DOWNLOAD) first and see if the problems comes back for Windows 7.

But you still haven't mentioned WHAT ERRORS you are getting? The errors may point you in the direction on how to fix the problems.

In Device Manager, is there any Yellow Exclamation marks or error codes in the Display Adapter Driver of your GPU Card?

It is possible that one of the HP Apps that you deleted the Laptop needs to run correctly. just guessing though.

Is it possible to restore your Laptop to the way you got it from the factory using a HP Recovery Disc.?  This will reinstall everything back again on the laptop and leave it the same way when you bought it. 

update:

tried to install the driver from support site and not legacy

got same error, like i didnt install anything

0 Likes

What exactly are the ERRORS that you are getting when trying to install the Graphics Driver or any ERRORS during or after installation?

0 Likes

i copy this from the internet but i remember i get this:

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

(and for the reinstall from disc: i dont have disci have it in the laptop recovery, i done it, thats why i am on win7, everything is back like i just buy it, and all those hp applications were useless, only helping those who dont know much about computers) !

0 Likes

Hi,

Have you been running your laptop on low battery power or with no battery recently?

Sometimes if laptop battery power dies during power up it can cause Discrete GPU driver  problem and the discrete GPU gets disabled at boot up.

Just had similar problem to what you describe on an Asus G751JL Laptop with a discrete Nvidia GTX 965M GPU.

The laptop booted up on low battery, Discrete GPU  displayed during boot up, display corrupted with small checkerboard patterns, battery low level caused power down.

When I rebooted the Laptop the display was black screened iniitially and then the Intel iGPU took over the basic display functions.

When interrogated the Nvidia GPU I saw similar error reported, except my  error message was as follows: No Nvidia graphics driver is installed ... etc.

Please go to Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters and post the screenshot of  what it shows for the GPU's on your laptop.

Click on properties for each GPU and see what they say.

The devices may be disabled, if so try enabling them. - This immediately fixed the pronlem for me, I have tested the Nvidia 965m GPU onn nthe laptop for hours now and it is working fine.

Failing that, please  try to roll back the driver to previous version.

Bye.

0 Likes

running it from network, not battery

0 Likes

Hey guys!

Turned on my old laptop again, and i found my own thread

EDIT:

Done this part:

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...

And i got the same error, its offcial, this laptop is dead for any modern game (that i easily played a few years ago), windows and amd failed in supporting old products...

0 Likes

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

would you read what i wrote up?

all updates done, deleted and reinstalled drivers several times in the good way, not just simple uninstall

0 Likes

Given the recent security issues I find it unbelievable that people are still not updated to windows 10

0 Likes

What recent security issues? Windows 10 is virus. Can't get much worse than that.

windows 7 cannot even come close to blocking modern threats

NODERSOK – HARDCORE GAMES™ 

0 Likes

Are you saying Windows 7 cannot defend against it or that running an antivirus program would not help at all?

noderosk is very insidious and it took microsoft months to detect it before they could attempt to block it

only 1903 and 1909 are equipped to handle this and related threats

How Do I Get Rid of the Nodersok/Divergent Virus?

The most effective way to get rid of the Nodersok/Divergent malware virus is to use antivirus software, as well as a malware removal app. 

Antivirus software can take several hours to complete the process, depending on the speed of your computer, but it also offers you the best methods in which to remove the malicious files. 

It's also worth installing a malware removal tool which helps detect malware like Nodersok/Divergent and delete it before it causes any problems.

0 Likes

bearcat22 wrote:

How Do I Get Rid of the Nodersok/Divergent Virus?

The most effective way to get rid of the Nodersok/Divergent malware virus is to use antivirus software, as well as a malware removal app. 

Antivirus software can take several hours to complete the process, depending on the speed of your computer, but it also offers you the best methods in which to remove the malicious files. 

It's also worth installing a malware removal tool which helps detect malware like Nodersok/Divergent and delete it before it causes any problems.

All I have seen in security bulletins is MSFT is not supporting older versions of Windows like they used to. Windows 7 is now done, January is the end of updates.Hardly anybody used Windows 8 but when Windows 10 surfaced adoption was dramatically better.

Many malicious attacks are becoming so sophisticated that even with large data center (Azure) metrics the Nodersok was not noticed for months. Then when telemetry changed it tripped traffic monitors. Microsoft uses a highly automated system which is how Nodersok was spotted.

0 Likes

When Windows 10 surfaced adoption was dramatically FORCED onto peoples laptops and desktops.

0 Likes

colesdav wrote:

When Windows 10 surfaced adoption was dramatically FORCED onto peoples laptops and desktops.

While Windows 10 was delivered in Windows Update, I was on the beta team so I was using it long before the public offering was even made.

Windows 10 has been updated several times as new features galore have been added. So many it will likely choke a post here.

0 Likes

The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available - gHacks Tech News 

The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available

by Martin Brinkmann on December 02, 2019 in Windows - Last Update: December 02, 2019 - 38 comments

Microsoft will end support for the company's Windows 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, the same day that security updates are made available for the last time for the operating system.

While there are not any official options for home users of Windows 7 to extend support, paid or unpaid, companies and organizations may pay Microsoft to extend support by up to three years. Security company 0Patch revealed plans to release (some) security updates for Windows 7 for free after Microsoft ends support.

0 Likes

kingfish wrote:

The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available - gHacks Tech News 

The Windows 7 Extended Security Update program is now available

by Martin Brinkmann on December 02, 2019 in Windows - Last Update: December 02, 2019 - 38 comments

Microsoft will end support for the company's Windows 7 operating system on January 14, 2020, the same day that security updates are made available for the last time for the operating system.

While there are not any official options for home users of Windows 7 to extend support, paid or unpaid, companies and organizations may pay Microsoft to extend support by up to three years. Security company 0Patch revealed plans to release (some) security updates for Windows 7 for free after Microsoft ends support.

I remember when the UK Royal Navy was faced with moving away from some antiquated systems that the Parliament eventually stepped into fix the problem. I am sure there are some other dinosaurs around.

0 Likes

Hello, what about going elsewhere with your idiot conversation about win7 and 10, and viruses?

What about old laptops that cant handle win10 properly? Oh thats not even in your little brain, because you expect people to buy better ones immediately right?

And the fact, that win10 is worse in updating drivers, than win7, that i write above? Why would i want top upgrade to a worse opreation system...

And why would using win7 be a problem about viruses?

I used windows xp for around 5 years after its support ended, and didnt get a single virus... All you have to do is not clicking on suspicious links, the rest will be handled by windows or any good antivirus.

So can you shut the *** up and focus on the main driver problem?

Thanks

if your old machine cannot run windows 10, then get a newer machine and trash the old one.

0 Likes

Just don't install software from suspicious sites, and you will be fine even without an antivirus software. I'm fine on Win 7 since summer 2019, and before that I was using Win XP.

0 Likes