Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dream3
Journeyman III

Cant install latest chipset

Hello,

I am trying to install the latest chipset I downloaded from AMD but unfortunately this is what happens:

pastedImage_1.png

I'm on a MSI b450, ryzen 3700x, windows 10 1809.

This has never happened before. 

How should I go about fixing this?

801x559
0 Likes
11 Replies

By updating to a supported Windows 10 version, either 1909, or 2004, though Windows Update.

So I cant update my chipset anymore if I dont update windows? Is that a thing?

x (x)
0 Likes

Yes, which is why it says "A System Update is required".

I understand. How do I figure the latest chipset I can use with windows 1809?

x (x)
0 Likes

Is there some specific reason you need to remain on Windows 10 1809?

Im on LTSC unfortunately!

x (x)
0 Likes
solution-design
Journeyman III

Same question you'll find here:
https://community.amd.com/thread/251661

Including a solution.

Ryzen 1800x on Crosshair VI Hero, Bios 7704, 12/16/2019. The same Problem "this installer is intended to be deployed only on an amd system"

I've installed the chipset-driver as "run as system". I'm used this Tool PsExec - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs . In this Case, the Installation was completed without error. The MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab did not help, despite the specified repair. I checked the Installation with the "DriverStore Explorer" GitHub - lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer: Driver Store Explorer [RAPR] 

I hope, this emergency solution will help you too.

0 Likes

Thanks but according to black_zion, my problem comes from the windows version. I dont get the "this can only be installed in AMD systems" message at all.

x (x)
0 Likes

It basically works. No matter what message appears. The installation as "system" should always work. Without stop, without problems.

0 Likes

By the way: Your question does not fit the screenshot. RAID vs. chipsets.

0 Likes

That is exactly where the problem lies. Im trying to install the chipset and it tells me about RAID...cmon man.

x (x)
0 Likes