cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cobalt98
Adept I

Cannot update Adrenaline drivers with 5700XT

Since purchasing my MSI 5700 XT Evoke about 2 months ago, I have not been able to update the drivers without experiencing a pc freeze and then a crash. I have tried everything. Ive used DDU, ive tried to install from device manager, Ive tried the auto detect. Nothing will work except for a full system restore with whatever the latest driver at that time is. Also, if I use DDU and cant succesfully install the new drivers, I am no longer able to install the previous drivers without the same issue.

Win 10 64bit

3700x

msi 5700 xt evoke

msi x570 gaming plus

gskill trident 16gb

10 Replies
cobalt98
Adept I

I cannot install the 2020 drivers either

0 Likes

Are you saying you can't install the driver at all, or your crashing after install.

I have run into a problem where after uninstall/restart won't boot. Workaround was to shutdown, then turn on, and install would continue/complete (not sure if a driver/installer issue or one of my 100's OS tweaks).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No I can install the driver with only a fresh Windows install. After that if I try to update the driver it will crash my PC while detecting hardware if I try to install the new one. If I try it from device manager it will freeze and crash my PC during installation leaving me without a driver and I have to system restore otherwise I cannot install any drivers anymore.

0 Likes

Have you tried, Download/save the full driver pkg direct from AMD driver page, then start install from that pkg.

Choose the reset option from install options (that's the new clean install I believe).

If by chance your pc won't boot on restart after uninstall process. turn pc off then back on and driver should continue/resume install after log in (a just in case scenario).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Have you installed chipset drivers & rebooted before attempting to install the Adrenaline drivers?

0 Likes
strixuk
Adept II

I had the same issue when using DDU so i tried AMDCleanupUtility and it worked spot on, run it and when prompt to run in safe mode click yes, once you have finished the process try install your driver again and it should install perfectly

0 Likes

Will try tonight and I'll update. Thanks

0 Likes
cobalt98
Adept I

Tried and cleanup utility and it crashed my PC in the middle of it. Couldn't boot any longer. Used a system restore but when I logged into Windows all I see is a black screen. Going to have to reinstall Windows again. I'm really at my wit's end here ...this makes no sense to me

0 Likes

constant and instant crashes: I suggest to run Memtest86+ for several hours first to determine if the memory is well and well configured (freq/timing/voltage)

0 Likes

Have same issue. On 19.10.2, the first drivers I installed on my 5700, and now when I try to uninstall the drivers and update, I get a crash after restart and windows merely says as a diagnosis from automatic repair to restart. Only option I have is my system restore point. Then, when i do go back to my system restore point, I can't open Radeon settings. 

I've DDU'd, AMD clean installed, and done straight from the package. always crashes after the restart.

0 Likes