Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

laumart
Journeyman III

Cannot uninstall fully old drivers

Good day!

I'm into one of those stupid and frustrating loops that's preventing me from using my PC. I replaced my old AMD GPU with a more recent one and cannot install the drivers. I keep getting error messages about the drivers not being installed. I've used the uninstaller and drivers' removal tools but it states the PC needs be rebooted in safe mode. When I do so, my password is not recognized as, even in safe mode with network support I've no internet connection. I then enter an infernal circle and I have to delve into DOS to get out of it. No internet, no connecting to safe mode. I'm stuck, removal of the old drivers is incomplete in regular mode and the graphics are lousy with a partial installation. I've browsed the net all day, tried all fixes I could find. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

0 Likes
1 Solution
laumart
Journeyman III

Good day!

Thank you for your time and your reply. I eventually manage to solve the problem by forcing the driver and the driver only. I do, however take note of your advice for an offline account for future instances.

Again, thank you!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Need your system specifications first please.
CPU

RAM

Motherboard.
Motherboard BIOS Version.
GPU.
GPU Drivers.

Windows Version.
Windows Build.
HDD

PSU.

But.
To solve not getting loggen in in Windows 10 safe mode at least. 
Make sure you change your normal mode windows account from online account to offline accouint.
You need a video like this to help you out.
How to make an offline account on Windows 10 - YouTube 

laumart
Journeyman III

Good day!

Thank you for your time and your reply. I eventually manage to solve the problem by forcing the driver and the driver only. I do, however take note of your advice for an offline account for future instances.

Again, thank you!

Cheers!

Thanks.
Glad you managed to get it working.

0 Likes