Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tnefele
Adept I

Re: Cant install AMD Drivers,nor update windows

Jump to solution

Can I save all my data before reinstalling windows?

0 Likes
tnefele
Adept I

Jump to solution

i already tried sfc scan but it showed no problems.

0 Likes
tnefele
Adept I

Jump to solution

When going to Device Manager>action>add legacy hardware>display adapters I can add intel express family chipset or something...Is there a way to use that in order to update windows and than after updating windows,adding the amd gpu?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Usually, there will be a folder created..."old" that will have things like pictures, etc saved.

You probably have a OS reinstall function on your laptop...check here for which keys activate it (or check with the laptop manufacturer/owners manual). 4 Ways To Factory Reset Your Windows Computer

0 Likes
tnefele
Adept I

Jump to solution

I dont have a laptop.

0 Likes
tnefele
Adept I

Jump to solution

So there is no way to save my data somehow and just reinstall windows? Since I have 1TB of important stuff I dont wanna delete so Im just wondering.

0 Likes
waltc
Miniboss

Jump to solution

That doesn't mean you have no problems, btw...;)  Look, your system is *riddled* with malware and viruses--do yourself a *big* favor and dump Win7 ASAP.  If you don't then you can look forward to a *lot* of this in the future.  Do not reinstall Windows 7.  Do not upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (which would preserve all of your installed programs, but which you can't do because you let the malware run wild and you don't want to bring that forward.) Instead, do a format C:\ followed by a clean install of Windows 10--the latest release version is terrific, btw.  Then rebuild your installed software base.  Had you been taking care of business regularly you would not need to do any of this. 

Quote: "i already tried sfc scan but it showed no problems."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

For someone who doesn't maintain their computer, that's good advice.

0 Likes
tnefele
Adept I

Jump to solution

Alright thanks guys,I think ill just transfer some things that I need on my external hd and do a format C:\ and hopefully install windows 10 this week.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Download a free version of Easeus TODO PCTRANS. creates an image of most of your installed programs on an external Hard drive. After reinstalling Windows, Reinstall TODO PC TRANS and use it to transfer back all the programs back to the new Windows. You can choose which programs you want to transfer. Some programs you may need to "Repair" or Reinstall though. It is not the best, but it is free and at least you won't have to start from scratch. You can also google PC TRANS type programs and see if there are other better ones you can use.

By the way, Have you tried an ingrade Repair of Windows? Basically is reinstalling Windows on top of the same version using an .ISO file.

Also download Spybot - seek and destroy. It is similar to Malwarebytes and also is free.