cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Oliver1
Journeyman III

Cannot install the latest drivers for Radeon

When unplugging the charger from my laptop, in my settings it states that the brightness will be kept at 100% however it always dims which is very aggravating when I'm working in bright places. To remedy this I was directed to display settings under "AMD Radeon Settings", accessible from the desktop. When I tried to open these settings however, I got the notification that Radeon Settings and Drivers do not match and that I needed to install the latest drivers for my my laptop. When I tried to install the latest drivers, I got an error which read as "Error 182 - Radeon Software install detected AMD graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported with this software installation". I don't know much about laptops but mine uses an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and I bought it new about 3 days ago if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
benman2785
Big Boss

hi,

please tell use more about your specs - just the APU is not enough ;)

1. disable Win10 auto-driver-install
2. download the latest correct driver - either APU or dGPU
3. install with the "factory-reset" option

test again

ps maybe do a fresh install of Win10 20H2 - as some OEMs use so much bloatware

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes