cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jsebela
Adept I

Cannot install radeon W10 x64 package on W10 1903

I have installed W10 on my new PC (Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB (2x8 3600), MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi, Corsair MP510 M2 960GB SSD, RX 5700XT Anniv.) on 24/9/2019. Till I tried to install newest drivers release for Outer Worlds, everything worked just fine. Last week I have installed latest driver and during installer's driver detection got freeze/crash and reset. Then adapter stopped working. Nothing worked - not uninstall, not amdcleanup utils and september 2019 WHQL driver nothing. I have just could not install graphics driver.

Then I got angry, backed up important files, formated windows partition from Hiren boot CD, installed brand new W10 1903, and got exactly same problem: the moment the driver installer started detecting drivers it just froze and a little later restarted whole PC.

I have thought: maybe the graphic card went 6 feet under. Then I switched new card (RX5700XT) for older (HD7950) and voilá - windows detected it itself and installed its own driver. Also RX5700XT worked on my old PC (i7-860, 16GB, SATA SSD, W10 x64 1503) just fine, even installer on newest Outer Worlds October 2019 drivers worked fine.

I have returned RX5700XT to new pc and played outer worlds whole week just fine (except I opened inventory when visiting mad scientist on his asteroid, then the game immediately crashed).

Today I have again backed-up files, deleted whole partition, made new installed usb drive with W10 1903 x64, installed it on my M2 MP510 SDD, installed chipset drivers package just fine, installed outer worlds driver and... got the same results as above.

So can someone please help me?!

0 Likes
3 Replies
jsebela
Adept I

Update: I have just tried manually to install graphics driver - twice. Once by automatic update via internet, second time by manually navigating windows to C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.10.2-Oct24\packages\drivers\display\

Both tries got freeze and reset.

Looks like, I will have to again dig-up HD7950 and use it to get the drivers going, then switch back to RX5700XT, like the last time.

0 Likes
jsebela
Adept I

Another update:

Yes, exchanging cards worked again, however this time the OS is even less usefull: after it finally accepted display driver, the steam and uplay does not work - I get a message about detoured.dll being corrupted, despite sfc /scannow being OK.

Also, today released catalyst 19.11.1 still causes the OS to freeze and restart PC after about 10 sec.

0 Likes
jsebela
Adept I

Well, half the problem is solved - now that I have disconnected my Lite-On iHAS124-14 optical drive from motherboard (MSI MPG X570 Gaming edge wifi), the installation package goes through to successfull installation without any reset.

I would like to AMD investigate, why is it so, may be I will report to MSI as well.

0 Likes