Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

allelya
Journeyman III

Re: Cannot install display driver

I also receive the popup that says " File System error (-2018374635). "

why would it install what it wants if I'm clicking a specific download to install? That really sounds like some serious ignorant programming for windows update and if it really is so... Microsoft needs to fix that pronto. That's a behavior that no software should EVER have, Windows or otherwise. If I clicked to install THIS file.. it should do what I said. I used AMD's directions to go into the Programs list and uninstall AMD Install Manager, which uninstalls the driver and all the things that came with it. Then I clicked the download I had stored before restart and installed it. Then restarted the PC again and those popups are what I receive. The link inside the command prompt window and the error message popup.

0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

Re: Cannot install display driver

I noticed something I hadn't before. When I click my download that I received from the AMD site for the 15.12 version, it opens the AMD Installer and goes through the motions to unzip the file and begin installing. When it comes to the screen where I am to accept the installation of a list of items, the driver version at the top displays as version 15.300. Can someone please explain to me WHY AMD is changing the version to 15.300 when I CLEARLY downloaded the 15.12.

I also followed the instructions on this page:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/stop-windows-7-from-installing-drivers-automatically

I really do not understand how it's being changed in the middle of the process.

EDIT/UPDATE: So AMD does this convoluted thing where they name something 15.12 but the driver is version 15.300- whatever.... This recent install seemed so smooth with no popup windows with errors and it even opened the webpage to say thanks for installing instead of giving me the command prompt. However, I still receive repeated display driver crash errors. Going to attempt to install the Crimson 16.3 which gives me driver 16.15 which under Supported Products claims mobile APUs for my PC are supported...

0 Likes