Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cannot install display driver

Apologies, i was not at work but was intending to respond upon my return, which is today.

The latest beta driver for your system is Crimson 16.2.1, which you can download here. You are currently using the latest WHQL driver.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

See my post below for the latest beta Crimson driver for your system. If you need any further assistance, reply to this post.

0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

Going through the selections as kingfish showed, the screen says I need 15.12.

"

If you have one of the following APU products please use Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

FX-8800P

PRO A12-8800B

PRO A10-8700B

PRO A8-8600B

PRO A6-8500B

A10-8700P

A8-8600P

A6-8500P "

I have the A10-8700P so I need the 15.12 driver. Going to attempt to install it and will update.

0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

And there's the issue repeating itself. I attempted to update and it did not work. I received an error message after restarting. File System error (-2018374635). THIS is the problem I am having. No matter what driver I try to install, it does NOT work.  I continue to receive display driver crashes. This is beyond ridiculous now.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

The snippet below is taken from Microsoft with users reporting the same issue.

Windows 10 File system errors - Microsoft Community

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
  • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
  • Restart the computer.

Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    1. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

I actually did that after finding that same solution from Microsoft. Not only did the scan not turn up anything wrong, but the other two commands came back as not recognized. I typed it all in exactly as instructed.

I don't understand how I already have a corrupted file on a laptop I JUST purchased and removed from the box brand new.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Try this...do not try to type it...copy/paste it into command prompt.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

I hope were all not wasting our time here because of a simple thing like Windows Updates not being applied....which it's beginning to look like. You must set your Win Update setting to "Search for Windows and other Microsoft programs" "Give me Recommended Updates as well as Critical Updates". All this has to be done before trying to install AMD drivers. With a new computer, you will have 200+ updates.

Microsoft Windows Update

Did you try to install the drivers I recommended? Scroll down to the 16.5.3 driver version.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows

0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

Thanks for the insult of intelligence but it was updated 3 nights in a row before being shut down when I initially opened it and charged it. I even commented on how it seemed to be taking a very long time to update.

Additionally, here you go:

Windows_Update_screencap.png

It's checked regularly by the system AND is set to update automatically.

If a scan says the system has no corrupted files then clearly the installation of the drivers is an issue and maybe the fault lies with AMD.

Edit: I did the restore as well as you stated to copy/paste. It came back done and a second scan came back clean.

0 Likes
allelya
Journeyman III

Attempted an uninstall/install of new driver. HEre's the exact error message I receive:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>start "" "https://secure.amd.com/di?VID1=1002&VID2=1002&DID1=9874&DID2=6900&PID1=CARRIZO%209874&PID2=AMD%20Rad..."

In the command prompt window. This is in addition to the popup window error message I listed before.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Thats not a error message....it's a thanks for installing the drivers...at least that's what the link you posted says.

If you haven't prevented Windows Update from automatically installing what it considers to be the latest drivers, it will uninstall the drivers you want and install what it wants.

0 Likes