Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pissameise
Newcomer

Cannot install any AMD-Driver (Chipset/GPU) after fresh Windows Installation

Hey folks,

I experienced some problems with my
RX5700 XT and Adrenalin 19.8.1 (BSOD while watching Youtube) so I decided to install the new 19.8.2 update after reinstalling a fresh Windows 10.

After reinstalling Windows 10, the driver installer stops working after licence agreement while "Searching for Updates". This problem appears even when using other versions installers (19.8.1, 19.8.2, and even the same thing with the AMD Chipset Driver for my Mainboard: Here, after licence agreement, it stops working while "Searching for Hardware/Devices"). By saying stops working I mean: The driver installer does his jobs (spinning loading sign), then after a few seconds windows starts stuttering and then freezes till the system reboots.

Same problem when I try to install the driver manually via device manager. Searching for Hardware results in a System Crash and installing the Videocard driver via passing the driver path also ends up in a crash after a few seconds: But only when its about installing the video card/chipset driver (both AMD of course).

I tried different things, reinstalling Windows twice, using different driver versions, starting windows in safe mode and so on. I switched the PCIe socket but same result. Windows events only offer poor information. Video Card is recognized by the system (GPU-Z shows all detailled information on RX5700XT except clock)

Ideas anyone?

Setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Bord: MSI x570 GAMING PLUS
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
Memory: 32GB Corsair (4x8GB)
Drive: Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
BIOS: Latest Firmware Version

0 Replies