Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JemonD
Adept I

Cannot install 21.4.1 on R9 270 series

Dear developers.

I had a driver version 20.9.1 and everything worked very well, all functions worked stably, but as soon as the new versions came out, all functions stopped working immediately. I can't start broadcasts, make replays, gifs ... nothing works at all. after launching any of the application functions, I just spin the cursor with the clock icon and nothing happens. (I waited a couple of hours). I thought the next version of the driver would fix the situation, but it turned out that you didn't even know that everything was bad with you. I had to remove all older versions of the driver and install 20.9.1 again now everything works as well as before. With every time you treat your fans like that, they will become less and less.

I hope you can help me with this problem.

22 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: poorly developed driver from developers.

What is the main reason for updating the driver if the current driver is working fine?

1- Game or App requires newer version?

2-Graphics issue with current driver?

3- Improve game or app performance?

If none of the above then there is no reason to update your driver.

But you can notify AMD Support either through their Bug Report in Radeon Settings or open a AMD Service Request and let them be aware of the issue you are having for your unknown GPU Card.

0 Likes
JemonD
Adept I

The game requires a driver update. on this version of the driver, I get an error message when starting the game, but as soon as I update to a newer version, the game works fine and the functions that I mentioned above stop working

now a new version 21.4.1 has been released and they wrote to me that my video card R9 270 is not an amd product or is not supported anymore and a link to the FAQ. there in the list of old video cards mine is not. how to live now.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Depends on your Windows OS version you have installed.

AMD still supports the R9-270 with driver updates for Windows 7 &10 but not for Windows 8/8.1 as an example.

Please post your full computer hardware/software information for further help especially Windows version and GPU & CPU installed.

0 Likes
JemonD
Adept I

GPUGPU

OS + CPUOS + CPU

Error logError log

if you need another version of information, please tell us about it. 

at the moment I have installed version 21.3.2 and every second the radeon desktop overlay process tried to load and closes.image.png

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Need to translate the images that you are showing since I don't understand what seems to be Russian.

Please download and run DDU in Safe Mode (best method) or from the Windows Desktop with the Internet disconnected to remove all traces  of the current AMD Driver and also delete the AMD installation folder at C:\AMD.

Once DDU reboots back into Windows Desktop run the full AMD Driver package. Once it installs and runs correctly, Reconnect the Internet and again delete C:\AMD installation folder.

See if you driver issues clears up or not. Post back your results with any translations as needed. Thanks.

0 Likes
JemonD
Adept I

CPU: amd R7 2700x

GPU: R9 270 

in the age of high technologies and neural networks, is there still a problem of translating languages from pictures? 

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Generally Translation extensions doesn't translate images or pictures. If I was able to highlight the text in the image then I can translate it. But I can't since it is an image.

0 Likes
JemonD
Adept I

I did as you said earlier, remove all traces of the driver in safe mode using DDU. the problem persists and the new version of the driver is not installed.

PS "google translate mobile " can solve your problem with the selection of text on images highly recommend

image.png

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I am using my PC and not my Smart phone but the Browser extension I use incorporates Google Translate.

What is the error that shows up when the AMD Driver fails to install or when you try to run it?

Please don't show me an image in Russian since I can't translate it into English.

0 Likes