cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mar1
Adept I

Cannot disable FreeSync

I've read that many other people have the same problem and I've found no working solution - I cannot disable FreeSync no matter what I try, and it's really important to me, I posted the same post on reddit too, a month ago - no answers.
The FreeSync settings in the driver are set to disabled and they do nothing, and I've no option to change it on my monitor.
Is there an option in regedit or some cfg, xml or whatever file to forcefully disable FreeSync? As soon as I install driver it automatically enables. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

ok Mr Klicki-Bunti (german for Mr. clicks-around wildly (actually its Mr clicks-around colourful))

do you mean that FreeSync is ACTIVE at every restart?
or do you mean that FreeSync is working even if you turned it off? (which i cant reproduce here - OFF is OFF)

if you REALLY want to disable FreeSync:

1. use CRU (latest version)
2. remove the "FreeSync Slot" in Display Properties (in CRU)

uncheck "Include if slot available" at the bottomuncheck "Include if slot available" at the bottom

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mar1
Adept I

Just a followup to not get misunderstood. By "no matter what I try" I meant the following:
-Reinstalled windows
-Booted into safe mode (where the freesync disables successfully) but as soon as I install drivers again it goes back on.
-Clean reinstall of the drivers.
-Changed graphics -> compute.
-Tried booting on my second (non-FreeSync) monitor then plugging the FreeSync one in - it automatically turns on even tho settings in the drivers are set to off (both the display settings and I did per-game settings manually set to off).
-Setting DP-Capabilities from 1.2 to 1.1, but it doesn't deactivate it, it just sets my maximum refresh rate to 100hz.

0 Likes

ok Mr Klicki-Bunti (german for Mr. clicks-around wildly (actually its Mr clicks-around colourful))

or do you mean that FreeSync is working even if you turned it off? (which i cant reproduce here - OFF is OFF)

uncheck "Include if slot available" at the bottomuncheck "Include if slot available" at the bottom

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS

I meant that it was ACTIVE at every restart. I've already tried using CRU but I  didn't know about that "Include if slot avaliable" function. Unchecking it, in combination with replugging the displayport cable did the job (because it was still active after restart and enabling it there, even tho in driver, it was set to "Not Supported" and the monitor was extremely dark except for cursor for some reason). It's finally off now. I needed to disable it in order to have the lowest input lag possible and enable low input lag mode on my monitor.
Thank you

@benman2785 wrote:

0 Likes

glad i could help

please give me a Kudo for my answer ;)