cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hellrazorx
Journeyman III

Cannot Customize eyefinity Setup With Version 18.9.3 What's going ON?

The more they update, the less we have.

I'm running dual R9 290

I got a 4 monitor setup like so:

23''

23''    32''  23''

Of course, I want to exclude the monitor on top from the Display group. Before, eyefinity advanced setup let you chose the display pattern you wanted to consider as a whole screen (3x1 2x1 4x1) but now, unless I disconnect the monitor physically from the computer, there's no way.

By the way, I tried uninstalling every bit of driver (with DDU yes) before trying to reinstall the latest version, same problem.

Anyone?

Thanks

Hellrazor

0 Likes
1 Reply
kengraham
Adept I

HellRazorX,

I have similar issues with my 6 monitor setup. I usually want to only use 3 monitors to as 1 display group for a wide-screen gaming setup.

With the help of the following post:

https://community.amd.com/thread/226326
I've seen than no driver releases since 18.5.1 have the following directories in their release anymore:
Cant open advanced settings 18.3.1<ReleasePackageName>\Packages\Apps\CN
Looks like: C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.5.1-May23\Packages\Apps\CN

So the aforementioned article says to install <ReleasePackageName>\Packages\Apps\CN\CCCSlim\Core-Static-Net4\CCC-Slim.exe or CCC-slim.msi, but I tell you this doesn't always work. FYI, when AMD driver packages are installed, they uncompress and stay in C:\AMD. There you can see all of your past installed drivers.

I'm part of the Microsoft Insiders Program and the constant updates always either back-revs the AMD drivers and installs the Microsoft scaled-down version of the Radeon Adrenalin software.

What I do is install the 18.5.1 driver (Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit​). It's the latest WHQL driver released from AMD. Everything newer (up to 18.10.1 at the time of this post) is a beta (optional) driver and does not have all of the AMD apps.

Install that driver (preferably as Custom -> Clean Install), rebooting as necessary. Install Relive if wanted when asked.

(My Dual R9 390 system hangs for long periods of time during the install and sometimes after initial reboot)

Then after installing 18.5.1, express install the latest driver over top the 18.5.1 driver, rebooted as necessary. Do not Clean Install. You should have a working Eyefinity -> Advanced Setup option.

When having the Advanced Setup open, you will see an AMD icon for the app on the taskbar. Right-click the icon and pin it to the taskbar for easier access.

In any subsequent Windows updates, if you click the icon and it doesn't open, then you know the CCC app or driver got hammered so it will not work again. Repeat the above process.