Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jstorm
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Can your amd HDMI Video/Audio cards stop my sony tvs from making sound

This is the third sony HDMI TV I am using for my computer monitor, and this is the third one that has lost its sound capabilities. Is there any thing I should know about your cards. I am using the AMD Radeon R7 200 on this TV.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Can your amd HDMI Video/Audio cards stop my sony tvs from making sound

When you installed any drivers did the installed install HDMI audio drivers? Is a device listed in Device Manager? Is it enabled or missing in Playback Devices window?

0 Kudos
jstorm
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

All driver are installed, the device is listed in Device Manager, and it is enabled as default device in playback devices window.

0 Kudos
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

And when you ask the Sound window to test the HDMI audio device, is the green noise bar moving at all on the right of the device?

0 Kudos
jstorm
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes, even when I do a test of it in diff modes,

0 Kudos
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

This would indicate the sound is being rendered and is leaving the GPU, providing the HDMI output is your default audio output. Do you have means to check the cable at all?

If the HDMI sound device is testing correctly but the sound isn't playing off of the TV you want it to, it would seem the issue is with the cable or TV itself. It only ever passes 2 channels so shouldn't be anything setup wrong. Is your only choice to use the HDMI interface for audio or can you resort to an AUX cable?

0 Kudos
jstorm
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I switched the cables from my TV in the Den, cable worked in Den, cable from Den did not work.

0 Kudos