cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mickeekung
Challenger

Can you please let the people who use RX 5600XT use the old version of AMD Radeon Adrenalin, please?

Since all support versions of RX 5600xt can't fix black screen and software crash problems, I need to use the old version of AMD Radeon Adrenalin. I can't use AMD Radeon Adrenalin below 20.1.3 version because it's not support.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. 

We have an existing discussion on the black screen issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies

0 Likes

Can't install below version 20 because it's not support for rx 5600xt.

0 Likes

Everything on that list supports RX 5600xt

Try the 19.12.1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said this when the GPU was released, if the user is forced on 20.x.x drivers its a dud for sure.

0 Likes

The current supported drivers for the 5600 XT are:

These drivers can be downloaded here and here.

Drivers prior to 20.1.3 are not compatible with the 5600 XT. 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

I already tried to install 19.x AMD software to resolve black screen and software crash problems but it seems to be like the software can't detect my graphic driver and it took too long to install so I assume that the AMD software below 20.1.3 version is not support for 5600xt.

0 Likes

Everything on that link I gave you supports 5600xt

0 Likes

All I can suggest is wait for the net driver to be released which I agree can feel like an eternity.

0 Likes
xtim098x
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my 5600xt. Cannot use the old drivers either. It will not detect my gpu. The only thing I have found that somewhat fixed the crashing is to amp up the fan curve. It’s a lot louder but it doesn’t crash.

0 Likes

How can you amp up the fan curve? Which software are you using? What is the setting?

0 Likes

Through the Adrenalin. I am not at my computer but if you go into performance and tuning you can enable the fan setting and change them.

0 Likes

Are you turning fan speed to 100 percent and this resolve the black screen and software crash problem?

0 Likes

Not to 100%. There is an option there that you enable and it will bring up a fan grid with points you can click and drag. I just made the curve more aggressive. Not all the way to 100% though because your gpu will sound like it’s about to take flight.

0 Likes

mickeekung wrote:

How can you amp up the fan curve? Which software are you using? What is the setting?

MSI Afterburner can set a custom fan profile for any video card.

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Adjust fan speed didn't resolve black screen and software crash issue.

0 Likes

Sorry. I feel your pain. It was worth a shot though. Have you tried disabling enhanced sync and all of that other stuff in the global graphics part of Adrenalin. I literally went through all the forums and tried everything I could find. If you find something that works let me know. Unfortunately Mine still isn’t solid by any means. I would take mine back if I could. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. 

We have an existing discussion on the black screen issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes