cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

freez
Journeyman III

Can you, like in windows, have a stretched resolution or have black bars when you play i.e cs go, in linux ubuntu?

Hello everyone,

as the title says, can you change scaling modes to so called 'full panel' or 'maintain aspect ratio' in linux ubuntu, like in windows?

0 Likes
5 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

I cannot answer your exact question, but I do know that the gaming environment in Linux derivatives is generally much inferior to that found in Windows, imo, from the driver environments to API support to developer support.  Many so-called "Linux" games require emulators to run--that is, you get the Windows version but have to run it through an emulator in order to play the game under a Linux derivative.  If you are someone with more than a merely casual interest in games but you you need Linux for specific reasons, I'd advise you go dual-boot Win10/Linux--that way you won't miss out on your gaming.

0 Likes

True, many games do need a so called emulator. But not cs go, it is native to linux as of now. Is there really no way of having a stretched resolution or with black bars?

0 Likes

I know that already, but I wonder if it is the same in linux ubuntu.

0 Likes
freez
Journeyman III

Anyone who knows if it works? Or is there another workaround?

0 Likes