cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colony101
Journeyman III

Can we please have the option to choose between the old and new fan curve GUI for Adrenalin 18.12.2

The new 18.12.2 driver so far has been awesome but the new fan curve GUI has been bothering me. I have had to constantly mess with it, looking for that balance between targeting the temp I want with a fan rpm that doesn't get to loud. I have been trying to recreate how my fans functioned with the old fan curve and I just can't get it back to how it was. My vega 64 runs louder and the fans constantly rev up and down seemingly no matter where i put points on the graph and the card runs on average 10c hotter then it did with the old fan curve. A lot of people found the old fan curve confusing but i figured it out and I prefer it over this simpler gui you replaced it with in Adrenalin 18.12.2.

I would like the option to be able to choose which fan curve gui I want to use.

1 Solution

I don't disagree with you and know many others feel the same. AMD won't see your request here. These are USER TO USER forums. File and issue report if you want AMD to hear your request. The link is in Radeon Settings / Preferences.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I don't disagree with you and know many others feel the same. AMD won't see your request here. These are USER TO USER forums. File and issue report if you want AMD to hear your request. The link is in Radeon Settings / Preferences.

I agree the lack of temp target is a real pain. Please file an AMD Reporting Form here and maybe open an email support case with AMD.

wykyyd
Adept I

It is not a fan "curve.. more so a mountain. 75C above it hits xyz RPM but at 74C it is WAYYYY lower...

stilo2
Adept II

I have the same issue with new fan mode settings. AMD please give back the old fan target temp system!