cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gilangax
Journeyman III

can the laptop driver change the type?

since when can the laptop driver change the type? I bought a laptop with a gpu type R5 M430 three years ago, and since I updated my Windows OS to the latest version (20H2), my GPU driver changed to M330. is this normal?

I also checked from Device Manager and it says M330 how can 

6 Replies

It didn't change. You are a victim of creative marketing. Old cards often get re-badged as a newer series card but are in fact the same GPU. 

The M430 is a re-bade of the M330. Microsoft looks at the hardware id not what your laptop maker calls it. 

Don't worry your card has not changed or been downgraded. You still have exactly what you paid for. 

I should mention that the 430 did get a slight mhz speed boost. That is bios controlled not driver controlled so again you should be fine. If you have any more doubts contact your laptop makers support department and they should be able to verify. 

It is pretty obvious I have a fan marking all my posts unhelpful! Awesome thanks for the recognition! Good Job you know who you are and so do I..... Keep up the good work!!

gilangax
Journeyman III

you guys are good people! thanks for the information its helpfully taught me. yea I understand know. simply, the manufacturer is fit the best compatibility for my hardware right?

I am truly glad to help. My goal is always to move the OP toward fixing their issue. 

Sometimes the best we can do is make sure they contact the right support staff. 

I often don't know what to do to fix an issue, just like the OP, however I usually know who should be contacted that can help.

To the coward that is marking every single post I make as unhelpful and I do know who you are, please elaborate on why it is unhelpful. As the reason a comment is unhelpful is that you must have better advice for the OP right?  Why then would you have any input in this thread? Oh that;s right because you have a petty issue with other users once again. These threads are to help users. There is nothing unhelpful about me thanking the OP for thanking me for being helpful. You just go on though making it all about you as we have all seen at this point you are the only one ever right. Congratulations you win. LOL