cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chirohito
Journeyman III

Can't select 4K 120Hz when enabling Super Resolution

Same as the 22.3.1 driver, i can't select 120Hz and 4K resolution on my 4k tv Samsung Q95t and Rx 5700xt on windows 11 when i enable Super Resolution. What is going on!?

1 Reply
Daniel06120
Journeyman III

Same issue RX6600XT with LG55B9

It's not exclusive to 4K for me, I can't go higher than 60Hz at any resolution when the 'super resolution' is enabled, as in their driver based DLSS competitor, so I never use it. Kind of ironic to be stuck at 60Hz, though it would be useful if they had information about this in the app.

I gave up on the issue due to the amount of time consumed and the lack of results.

You might get lucky with custom resolution utility, but I couldn't get an image back up for a while and jiggled about with extra cables and using iGPU to try and change settings after I lost signal.

free sync is also 'not supported' and from what i've read there are several different 'types'.

In the future I'll stay away from 'TVs'

There's a thread discussing this issue and some people suggest it was a specific driver and was fixed after that vesrion, but I frequently updrate drivers and any time I check it's absent, regardless of driver version.

0 Likes