cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fawkes
Journeyman III

Can´t seem to update drivers

Hi, I´ve been having an issue with my laptop. I´ve been stuck with the Crimson Drivers version 17.2.1 since forever. I really want to update, but everytime a new version of the drivers come out I get the "radeon settings are currently not available please try again after connect" message. I wonder if theres any newer version of drivers that´s compatible with my laptop, or if I´m stuck forever with that version.

My laptop is an Asus X555DG

Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 1800 Mhz, 4 main processors, 4 logic processor

Graphics: Radeon R6 M340DX 2GB

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies

This is how to find the latest drivers for your laptop > Laptop graphics update...How to

Never download/install the 'minimal setup'...always the full version > APU

I would clean install the driver > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Hi Kingfish,

I have identical specs to the original poster and just installed the drivers you recommended with a clean install, with full install, with no Anti-virus ect. active.

However, I'm still receiving the "radeon settings are currently not available please try again after connect" when I try to run AMD Radeon settings. Likewise I'm also getting FPS of <10 if I'm lucky in all games.

Any helps would be hugely appreciated, this problem has plagued me for quite a long time.

0 Likes

This happens alot. I don't know why. The majority of issues updating Mobility graphics concern Carrizo APU's. I will say that the last round of Win 10 'updates' has contributed. Some users reverted to the previous version and had better luck with the drivers. I can't say, as I have Win7. As a last resort, keep it in mind.

Some users have had luck disconnecting from the internet during installation of the AMD drivers...and of course delete all the previous drivers from the C:/AMD folder. Check task manager to make sure no ​part ​of your anti-virus, etc is running...even tho you disabled/stopped the program. Give a clean install of the latest drivers again, after making the changes above and see if that helps.

0 Likes

I tried another install without an internet connection, but to no avail. I guess for now I'll go back to the last stable version and see if I fix pops up anywhere.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer.

I´ve done all of what you said and I´m still faced with the same problem. I don´t seem to be able to get my drivers to work properly

A trip down memory lane > Microsoft update June 13, 2017—KB4022719 (Monthly Rollup) addresses Carrizo APU

I would be sure to report this to Microsoft, and somewhere in your post or conversation with them, mention that this is a Carrizo APU.

How to report Windows 10 bugs to Microsoft?