cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

can't save profile

Every time I change the Radeon profile for a game, it won't save it?  It keeps restoring the default

settings?

Thanks.

0 Likes
17 Replies

It would help to have some basic information >  https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

Some graphics card drivers, on some operating systems, on some graphics cards have/had a issue where the game profile settings are not overriding the Global settings and revert.

What you can try is this:

Enabled 'Histogram' in the Wattman game profile.

Reboot your computer.

Thank you!! Its worked for me!

0 Likes

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R5ED gaming laptop

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Nitro AN515-42
BIOS: V1.11 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7068MB RAM
Page File: 5523MB used, 11289MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

I don't think I have an option called Wattman in my console.  I don't think its included with Acer

Radeon drivers.

0 Likes

You are correct..it is not available on laptops...that is why we ask > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

So what profile changes are you making that reverts to default?

Screenshot of the settings would help.

0 Likes

I tried different changes, for example change opengl to triple buffering, Anti aliasing,  but when I restart the 

computer the changes are gone. It keeps the changes until I restart the computer.

0 Likes

Try disabling fast startup.

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode 

How to Enable or Disable Fast Startup

Deciding whether to bother with Fast Startup actually takes longer than turning it on or off. First, open up your power options by hitting Windows+X or right-clicking your Start menu and selecting Power Options. In the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do.”

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup. Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.

fast startup

If you don’t see the option at all, it means hibernation is not enabled on your machine. In this case, the only shutdown options you’ll see are Sleep and Lock. The quickest way to enable hibernation is to close the power settings window and then hit Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin). At the Command Prompt, type the command:

powercfg /hibernate on

Its already disabled.

Thanks for replying tho.

0 Likes

I've been going on the Acer forums, and the other guy recommended the same thing.

Then he said disable fast boot, which I did, but same problem.

One thing I noticed is under Gaming--> No Mans Sky, if I make changes like Triple buffering ON. then leave ,
under No Mans Sky is says "enabled". Its "enabled until I restart the computer. then it becomes disabled?

0 Likes

power plans stick in windows 10 on my machine, ive changed it and it stays.

One weird thing I just noticed is that I said every time I restart the computer I lose my game profile to default.
Well for some unknown reason, its intermittant?  yes,  I tried it 8 times.

7 times game profiles got set to default, but the 8th time it didn't?  Why?  I don't know I did nothing different?

Actually I forgot one thing I played around was "I flipped it" (Movie Mystery Men)

I first Enabled fast startup, then restarted
1) still same problem, restart
*2)profile stayed?, restart
3) default, same problem, change, restart
4) default, same problem, change, restart
5) default, same problem, change, restart
6) default, same problem, change, restart
7) default, same problem, change restart, changed to Disable Fast Startup.
8) default, same problem, change, restart, changed to Enable Fast Startup
*9) profile stayed?

0 Likes

Actually I may have spoken too soon.  Since I have fast startup enabled I assumed my problem was fixed

because under No Mans Sky in radeon it says Enabled.  I assume that means profile?

But when I look into the settings it shows that it returned to default again every time I

restart the computer.  I don't know why it cant retain this profile? 

I read on reddit that the profile is named user.glb or something like that.  But when

I open that particular file, it contains only control characters and gibberish.

Its totally unreadable.

0 Likes

Are you still using the old driver from Acer or have you updated/installed the new amd driver released Feb.25th. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Im using the latest drivers.

My latest experiment is to try to confirm whether any changes in radeon console are being used.

I tried No Mans Sky

- v sync ON, Triple buffering ON  25fps

- v sync OFF, triple buffering ON  25fps

- v sync OFF, triple buffering OFF 25 fps

they had exact same frame rate and same game smoothness as far as I could tell

does this mean its not being enabled?  Too bad radeon didn't have some kind

of registry entry I could just go in and modify its settings somehow.  I looked

in the registry but can't seem to find any config.

0 Likes

Not a very good test:

Radeon™ Software Help Center | AMD 

Wait for Vertical Refresh

Vertical Refresh or VSync, synchronizes the application with the monitor frame rate with the objective of removing screen tearing.

Note! Wait for Vertical Refresh only works OpenGL 3D applications. When using other APIs such as DirectX® or Vulkan®, VSync is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.

0 Likes

Everywhere i read it says triple buffering combined with vsync improves frame rates significantly?

No Mans Sky is opengl.

0 Likes

Triple buffering improves 'image quality' not FPS.

0 Likes

Every time I restart my laptop the gaming profiles reset to default.  I'm having to restore my settings every time.  This just started within the last week.  I have 9.8.1 installed.  I have changed nothing in the ensuing weeks.  ASUS ROG GL702ZC - R7 1700/ RX 580 LAPTOP.

0 Likes
decs
Journeyman III

having the same problem, rx 6600m driver 22.5.1 any new fix?

0 Likes