Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

john5000
Adept I

Can't restart systems with 2400G + AMD Drivers

I have 9 identical systems as follows:

Ryzen 5 2400G

8G (2x4G) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400

Asus Prime B450M-A with latest flash (Dec2018)

Windows 10 LTSB v1607 <--required!

I have tried the 18.12.2 and the 19.1.1 driver packs with the same results.  Trying to Restart Windows causes an immediate system hang, and eventually bluescreens with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.  Trying to Shutdown Windows causes an immediate bluescreen with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.  Uninstalling the Radeon Software and deleting the AMD driver makes this problem go away.  These systems are rock solid with the Microsoft generic video driver installed.  Unfortunately, that driver only supports 1 monitor at a time with this setup.  These systems are also rock solid WITH the AMD drivers, if the 2400G is replaced with a 2700 + RX570.

I would love for this 2400G configuration to be our current general purpose PC, if I could make it work.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
2 Replies
john5000
Adept I

I have tried every suggestion to fix this that I have come across in these and other forums to no avail.  My current solution is to simply bypass the integrated Vega 11 and treat these CPUs as R5 1400s.  I have a bunch of G310 and HD6450 cards salvaged from old Dell machines to drive my dual monitor setups.  Do I need to go into how utterly disappointing this "solution" is to me?

I suppose I will try again when the 2019 version of Win10 LTSB is released.  Until then, I am still willing to try whatever new suggestions anyone might have.

0 Likes
john5000
Adept I

Well that didn't take long.  Today I discovered that Windows 10 LTSC (correct, the 'C' does not stand for 'consistency') is already available.  I built an image of it, and it works perfectly with these R5 2400G machines so far.  Windows Update on this build has a capable & workable driver available for the Vega 11 igp.  I will do more thorough testing on Tuesday, but right now I'm starting my weekend on a high note.