cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

innerdrum
Adept I

Can't reinstall any adrenaline software for RX590 after trying to update to 21.5.2 -no error code-

I've been using 21.4.1 drivers with no problems on Windows10. Today i've uninstalled 21.4.1, uninstall went ok and pc rebooted.
Then i've installed newest 21.5.2, installation was faster than usual, the screen blinked once and there was no change in resolution and countdown to restart began. when restarting nothing happens. no amd programs installed, no adrenaline icon on lower right

So, i tried to go back to 21.4.1 and exactly same thing.i can see the gpu fans spinning inside the case but it's not detected. Also it doesn't show on windows device manager.

Can anybody help? This is my first AMD gpu.

Edit: i've downloaded the adrenaline-2019-edition-19.2.2-feb12 drivers from the gygabyte site. i have a Radeon™ RX 590 GAMING 8G (rev. 2.0) and it works again! GPU is detected on windows device manager and the radeon icon is on the lower right.

What could happened? Is it safe to try to update again?

0 Likes
1 Solution
innerdrum
Adept I

Ok, so if anyone is going thru the same and not being able to install newer adrenaline drivers, install your motherboard chipset drivers. Taht will fix it. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
innerdrum
Adept I

Ok, so if anyone is going thru the same and not being able to install newer adrenaline drivers, install your motherboard chipset drivers. Taht will fix it. 

0 Likes