cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingfish
MVP

Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3 A FIX !!

Jump to solution

New drivers...same problem.

Win 7 / R9 290 / I7 960

Driver version 17.1.1

I urge everyone with this issue to send a report > AMD Issue Reporting Form

ray_m

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kingfish
MVP

Re: Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3 FIXED!!

Jump to solution

I was furnished a link with a fix for this problem. Notice that you must have the 16.11.xxx (I had 16.11.5 installed) drivers installed first.

Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

View solution in original post

89 Replies
doomjesus
Adept II

Re: Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3

Jump to solution

nothing new for my fury x or your 290. you might as well stick to the november driver, that's what i will be doing until someone tells me they've returned the desktop color controls. there is no point in trying the new driver until i hear that it's been fixed. idgaf about wattman anyway.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Here are some of the settings we are unable to access:

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

I was furnished a link with a fix for this problem. Notice that you must have the 16.11.xxx (I had 16.11.5 installed) drivers installed first.

Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - AMD Crimsom ReLive 17.1.1 Download & Discussion

View solution in original post

fersnake
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

its a user fix, i hasnt being fixed "AMD" thx anyway gonna try it.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Re: Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3 A FIX !!

Jump to solution

Its not a problem, amd have disable this.

Probably they are gonna add it back in crimson panel.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3  A FIX !!

Jump to solution

Yes it is a problem. It has not been disabled, it is a bug. Confirmed by AMD.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Jump to solution

AMD need to stop messing around with the CCC panel still implemented into crimson. 14 months later its still there.

0 Likes
doomjesus
Adept II

Jump to solution

seems you're patting yourself on the back in this thread and i guess you're trying to build your rep or whatever, for whatever reasons you may have for caring about that. but this is not a "fix", it's more of a hack. and i'm not too thrilled about going around the back of my elbow to get to my hind quarters, if you know what i mean.

what i want is for AMD to genuinely fix one of the core components of their driver configuration software and i don't think that's too much to ask for, after giving them several hundred dollars for a graphics card.

i'm still on 16.11.5 without any issues at all and this is where i will stay until somebody tells me the issue has really been fixed. i'm not even going to bother with the uninstall/install routine to find out because so far it's been the uninstall/install/uninstall/reinstall routine for the last three versions i've taken my chances with.

and every time install i have to delete about 150 game profiles that i don't require but come with every install. but that's whole 'nother can of worms, right there.