cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

floofers
Adept I

Can't manually find drivers for my switchable AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

So I have one of those switchable/discrete, whatever they're called Graphics card setups on my HP ProBook 450 G1 laptop. Its a combination of Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M. Things were going alright for the most part, using the automatic installer. Now with the newest windows update and the 2020 version of the Radeon software installer, I'm not great with these things, but I've kind of hit a brickwall now. I can't find it in the manual drivers stuff, I have no idea where to even look.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please read this: Laptop graphics update...How to 

HD 8600/8700 is not a graphics card...it is series of cards. To find out which one you have, run GPU-Z...select 'lookup' and it will tell you exactly which one you have.

GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Please read this: Laptop graphics update...How to 

HD 8600/8700 is not a graphics card...it is series of cards. To find out which one you have, run GPU-Z...select 'lookup' and it will tell you exactly which one you have.

GPU-Z Graphics Card GPU Information Utility 

The look-up didn't work, just sent me to the general GPU Database | TechPowerUp page, not a specific card. But I followed up on the other link and after updating the Intel drivers, the AMD installer stopped bugging out. I've just never ran into this problem before and things usually kept themselves up to date for the most part.

0 Likes

What will happen with Windows 10 is that it can change your drivers automatically and without asking you. It looks for the latest WHQL driver...that it has...and will install it if allowed. There are many ways to delay/prevent this from happening..really easy if you have Win10 Pro. Otherwise, check Windows 10 Forum for ways to stop/prevent auto installation. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/id-Windows_Update/ 

It should have taken you to Tech PU, but your graphics should have been displayed:

0 Likes

Right, I know its been a while, I've got the updated stuff on... but now I'm having issues with Win10 detecting my AMD GPU with some games.

The lookup button always brings me to the default search page and If I try to set the search down to whats shown here, it's just not possible, my card does not exist if these specs are showing right.
I just.. really... really want the old "Switchable graphics" tab back.. Windows are not doing their job well when it comes to this and of course they're not. The AMD option has been working flawlessly, now I have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
painmaker
Adept II

Donwload the AMD Driver auto installer to find the right drivers for you.

0 Likes