cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bigdrago
Journeyman III

Can't Login To TeamViewer Since Updating to 18.4.1 - RX 570

I have a mining rig with 13 gpu (13 radeon 570 nitro+)

Updated to win10 spring update, no problems.

DDU old drivers (amd 18.3.4), restarted pc and installed 18.4.1.

Restarted. And now I cant login to pc with teamviewer or windows rdp. RDP only shows a black screen, after I while I cant even connect. Teamviewer is only pending connecting.

The default light on gpu is "change with pcb temperature". But now all gpus is black and only blinks blue sometimes.

What is wrong with 18.4.1 ???

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Report it to AMD? AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes

Can we use 18.3.4 on win 10 1803 spring update?

0 Likes

I don't know...give it a shot and let us know

0 Likes

I first updated windows, and then updated the adrenaline. I do not have any problems with the work of the PC

bobcamo
Adept II

yeah i just got the same thing. i have a MSI R9 390 8GB Gaming edition GPU. as soon as i installed the new windows update(Spring update) i am unable to boot into windows. did a LOT of testing with this and so far none of the 18.x drivers work for me. when any of those drivers are manually installed, once the pc is either restarted or booted back up it stays on a screen where it should be showing the log into windows should show but instead is a black screen with a continuous loading. sadly, only way into safe mode for windows 10 is to restart it 3 times before loading into windows(unless you have certain things) which i have to go into safe mode, go to device manager, uninstall the GPU from there, then restart. then all is fine just without any drivers. so far right now, had to uninstall all AMD GPU drivers and then just did a windows update which it found a driver for it and so far it's working fine but i haven't played a game or anything like that. but from searching i think someone said something about only driver version 14.1.1 was working. also tried all the things that was suppose to fix it but hasn't worked... nothing else has been a problem and took a while for me to find out since this windows update is already and still buggy... (why i still think about going back to windows 7) anyways. so far on my end, it's only towards the drivers of my GPU other wise everything else seems to run fine. hopefully this gets fixed. not sure who's end it is, windows or the AMD drivers(my bet windows...).

Edit:
Well, for anyone getting the same thing i am. only thing I've figured out that's been able to work is after installing the newest driver. then go into device manager(Fast way: windows key+X then M), go to "Display Adapters" click the drop down arrow on the left. right-click on your GPU(Mine shows as "AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series"), Disable Device. then your able to restart normally and such. this can also be done in safe mode to get back to windows normally then once in windows just re-enable it and everything should run fine. but do not restart or turn off your PC before disabling it again other wise you'll have to enter safe mode again to do this. hopefully this helps anyone who needs it til what ever is going on is fixed.

0 Likes
bobcamo
Adept II

think i found the fix. go to my post on the 4th reply. link below.Windows 10 Spring Update 1803 and AMD drivers not working. unable to load windows.

sthilaire
Journeyman III

18.4.1 - generated a regular pause / skip in my Windows mouse movement.  This impacted the entire system.  Never had an issue with updates in the past, but this one was not good.

Rollback to 18.2.1 worked for me.

Quick System:

Graphics Chipset Radeon RX 580 Series

CPU Type AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

System Memory 32 GB

Windows Version Windows 10 (64 bit)

0 Likes
bigdrago
Journeyman III

Anyone knows if windows have released a fix to this?
AMD still have the same driver 18.4.1...

I rolled back to windows 1709 and installed 18.3.4 drivers.

0 Likes

nope, nothing yet. majority of this so far seems to be on MS's end. just stay on your current OS build for now. not sure if you tried the driver 18.4.1 on that build, should work fine. but if it doesn't. stay on 1709 for a few more months (most have indicated between 3-6 months) for the possible bugs to be fixed. the only difference AMD driver version 18.4.1 from the previous one is only that it has been "Readied" for the OS update 1803. i do have some discussions on my post if you wanna check it out and try them your self(link is 2 post's above this). but overall... seems to be best to stay on what you have for now. also, the driver that comes after 18.4.1 should be a normal update.

0 Likes
bigdrago
Journeyman III

Guess I have to wait then. I really hope that the computer doesnt autostart the update!

0 Likes

just disable or postpone the update. you can easily pause them by going to... Settings > Updates & Security > windows update in there go to Advanced Options, then turn on "Pause Updates" even if their downloaded and ready to install this will even pause the one's needed to restart the PC to complete. can look up how to do it a different way so it's longer than 35 days, but have to keep in the back of your head you have that on lol.

0 Likes

Load of problems with this build. I'm not installing anymore drivers until MS starts issuing fixes. Some people say you have to disable hardware accelerations

0 Likes

Based on this and other posts in this forum it certainly seems there can be severe problems with the 1803 update. From personal experience of updating 2 PCs both AMD CPUs (FX 8350 & 4300) with RX460 and RX570 resp. I have had only positive results. Playback of 3D bluray disks in 3D with Cyberlink PowerDVD 18 & 15 did not work with 1709 but sprang back into life with 1803, subjective but I think the color is better and sleep and resume problems have gone away. On one PC I had already updated the GPU driver to 18.4.1 prior to the 1803 update and on the other I updated to 1803 with the GPU at 18.2.1. In both cases everything went fine and I have subsequently updated the 18.2.1 to the 18.4.1 again without problems.

HOWEVER:-

I did notice a couple of things with the update perhaps could cause problems in some circumstances/configs.

Following the update to 1803 I noticed that the "Turn on Fast Startup" setting in the Windows Power Setup was now checked (enabled) this was known to cause problems with the 1709 update and it had been disabled. I have subsequently disabled it again.

After the 1803  update my Radeon settings had changed, about the only thing I change from default is the "Pixel Format" to RGB but this had changed back to the default YBCr maybe other settings would have been reset to default too.

English, there have been several recommendations here suggesting this problem does not happen if the OS display language is English, certainly that's my default and I am aware that there have been problems with the Language packs being no longer available for 1709 builds. Not sure if that could cause the problem but maybe.

0 Likes

well, at least you've had a good experience with it lol. yeah there are some who don't get any problems with the 1803 update. but so far i haven't been able to pinpoint why that is even when some people have similar builds to even what i have(except newer GPU's and different RAM, MOBO SSD/HDD). idk, did a lot of testing on my end and posted everything on my post. but the one that shocked me was a fresh installation of windows didn't fully fix everything(yes, i DO NOT use the windows Recovery built into the settings)... fixed quite a few things but there is still a few things that have stayed. but did do a LOT of searching into this and for one issue i have i literally tried everything including certain BIOS settings and so on. found about...15 different supposed fixes(if not more), finally found the one i did that fixed it but... didn't last for long lol. but it still works for the most part if something happens, just may seem to change. but all the issue's i have found were dating back to people using the preview build update i think either December of last year or the very beginning of this year. was kinda disappointing to see that...

0 Likes