cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nunopt92
Journeyman III

can't install the right amd version neither use the automatic software

Hello everyone, i'm having a bit of a gigantic problem. My amd driver started giving some problems so i had to uninstall it. When i tried to use the automatic software it doesnt work because: if i do express install it just keeps downloading for an eternity. when i try the other option it shows me where i want to install but it just doesnt have any components to install. if i press install it gives an error (of course since it didnt have any components to install to begin with...).

So i tried manually downloading and i downloaded the version 17.7.1 for windows 8.1 64 bits. but after installing and such now it shows as if i had the version 13!!

i dont know how to solve this since the automatic software keeps giving the problem i said, can anyone help me? maybe i'm being dumb and missing something?

0 Likes
1 Reply

First AMD Support stopped supporting Windows 8/8.1 a long time ago. There are no new drivers for any GPU cards with that version of Windows.

Don't use Express download. Go to AMD Support Download page and input the data to download the correct driver for your GPU card. Download Drivers.

When you reinstall the AMD Drivers do this:

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Desktop R7-240 GPU Here: Desktop .

Make sure your Windows 10 is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows 10 Uninstall to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

0 Likes