cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

heynythius
Journeyman III

Can't install Ryzen Master because it says it's already installed, but it is not installed.

I cannot install Ryzen Master as I get an immediate error upon running setup that "A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer."

When I check Windows program manager, Ryzen Master is not listed. I have run the Windows uninstall/install diagnostic cabinet, but it does not detect that Ryzen Master is installed anywhere. 

I navigated to C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\AMD Ryzen Master.msi, this screen appears. 

pastedImage_1.png

The program does not appear in the program list in Windows so I cannot uninstall it. I also cannot install it. I am stuck.

4 Replies

Just like all of us.  Whoever developed the installer should be pelted with a potato cannon.  Repeatedly.

0 Likes

You will want to make sure before you follow my advice that you have drivers for any and all AMD hardware downloaded and ready to install again.

AMD makes a cleanup utility that will delete all software from AMD, kind of a brute force method. Here is the link:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 

Thank you, but sadly that didn't help either.

papragu
Adept I

For me it was installed fine. Till today when i decided to do a Bios update to AGESA ABBA, after the update ryzen Master couldn't read any stats. So i tried to uninstall and then it popped me the message "A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer."

So i did a forced uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, cleaned up the Registry and the Drives from all evidence of Ryzen Master ever being installed. Still no luck, so i updated chipset drivers, same result.

0 Likes