Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amitgo
Newcomer

Can't install FirePro W4170M drivers on Linux

Hello,

I recently installed Arch Linux on my Dell precision M2800, that has the GPU Amd FirePro W4170M.

At the beginning I installed the open-source drivers, but now I want to install the official drivers.

I downloaded the drivers from the site of AMD, extract them, but when I run "sudo ./amd-driver-installer-15.201.2401-x86.x86_64.run" I get:

Created directory fglrx-install.RFXg3f

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver-15.201.2401......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

=====================================================================

AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver Installer/Packager

=====================================================================

error: Detected X Server version 'XServer 1.20.1_64a' is not supported. Supported versions are X.Org 6.9 or later, up to XServer 1.10 (default:v2:x86_64:lib32:XServer 1.20.1_64a:none:4.18.5-arch1-1-ARCH:)

Installation will not proceed.

Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.RFXg3f

And when I run:

sudo pacman -S xorg

it's just reinstalling everything, so I do have the last version of xorg.

What can I do?

thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies