cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re7r0
Journeyman III

Can't install Chipsest drivers and Ryzen Master (B550, Ryzen 5600X)

Trying to install Ryzen Master and AMD Chipset drivers for B550 but it doesn't work. 

Ryzen Master goes through the installing with "Successfull installed" at the end however nothing is created and the "Launch" button does nothing at the end of the installer.

AMD Chipset drivers (amd_chipset_software_2.13.27.501) cannot be installed because it errors out with "Unable to Install AMD Chipset Drivers - System configuration is not compatible for RAID driversor applications installation" 

"System Update is required to complete installation"

Running Aorus B550I PRO AX with Ryzen 5600X. Windows 10 Education - Build 19042

0 Likes
4 Replies
Re7r0
Journeyman III

Forgot to mentioned what I already tried. 

- Run as admin

- Deleting C:/AMD and Users/AppData/Roaming/AMD

- Unistall Chipset Software from Add/Remove programs.

- AMD Cleanup utility (although it says it won't unistall chipset drivers)

- Microsoft Install/Unistall Troubleshooter - unistalling all programs with "AMD" in front , including GPIO.

0 Likes
Re7r0
Journeyman III

0 Likes
caleb_cruze
Adept II

If the usual troubleshooting, like uninstalling your current chipset driver and restarting your PC, doesn't work, a workaround for it is to install the driver through the command line by navigating to the folder and running the executable.

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes
Re7r0
Journeyman III

From reddit thread someone managed to fix this by doing the following: 

" I managed to fix the problem by resetting the BIOS settings and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. I unplugged the ethernet cable due to the installation to prevent windows from installing drivers." 

I'm not too inclined to reinstall Windows right now so I'll try it later an report back.

0 Likes