cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kristian2
Adept I

Can't install any driver properly

After I installed the most recent driver update for an RX 5700 XT, my PC doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of any such driver. When I try to open AMD Radeon settings, a text pops up saying "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly". Same thing happens even if I try to reinstall the driver I had before. I've installed many different drivers for it before this one with no issues. I thought it has something to do with the graphics card itself, since it's been giving me a hard time every once in a while since I got it, but then I swapped in a Vega 56 and I'm having the same issue with that. I've always installed drivers by uninstalling the previous driver in safe mode using DDU, rebooting the PC, running the installation program, then rebooting the PC again. What gives?

Edit:

Additionally, I've started occasionally getting screens like this for a few seconds until the PC reboots: https://i1.wp.com/neosmart.net/wiki/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/07/0x00000109.jpg?ssl=1

I'm not sure if they are exactly like that, because I don't even get enough time to skim through it all. There's been three of them after about 24 hours of runtime of the PC. Before this, I've almost never had these. Another edit: Had a fourth one and I was able to confirm that it's pretty much exactly like that, but I'm not entirely sure about the second line. I read somewhere that this may be just because I don't have a functional driver for the graphics card.

Final edit: I've fixed the problem by installing an Nvidia graphics card instead. Because this was the second unreliable AMD graphics card in a row, I decided to get an RTX 2070 Super and I had no trouble with installing drivers for that, while both RX 5700 XT and Vega 56 had suddenly become unable to have their drivers installed on my PC.

0 Likes
0 Replies