cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jayank04
Journeyman III

Can't install amd storemi on windows 10 b550 motherboard

I am unable to install storemi on my system, I downloaded the latest version and it attempts installation and fails with the message "can not complete installation, rolling back changes" . I made sure that the sata is not in raid mode in bios. I have 3 drives in system nvme(boot drive), sata ssd and a hdd.

Ryzen 3700x

MSI B550 Carbon WiFi

Windows 10 (2004)

STOREMI_2.0.0.0130

I tried installing multiple times but am still facing the same issue.

0 Likes
5 Replies
bielen2k
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. In the past I had the old MI Store but it has already been uninstalled. I used these steps https://community.amd.com/thread/256520#comment-2993505 but it says "can not complete installation, rolling back changes"

Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI MEG X570 ACE

Windows 10 PRO

0 Likes
jayank04
Journeyman III

It's a fresh install for me, also I don't see the virtualized ahci controller in device manager. Maybe there is something wrong with this version.

0 Likes

Have you been able to get it to work, I am trying to do a fresh install as well but fails to install. If you did get it to work how so.

0 Likes

Store MI can support X570, and some 1st,2nd gen motherboard. Your CPU is fine, Store MI still support 3000 series CPU. What's your storage, the store MI need two storage hardware (256SSD+SSD, or 256ssd+HDD)

Perhaps B550 users can not benefit from Store MI now. AMD company ended technology support for the store about 6 months ago.  Not sure when AMD company will put B550 into the storemi support list in the future.

0 Likes

I have a b450, my ssd is my boot 500gb Samsung and my hdd is an 8tb wd black. I am however not on the latest version of windows due to bugs. Could that be a reason why it is not installing?

0 Likes