cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mattmax
Journeyman III

can't install AMD 20.2.2 on Windows 10 (2004)

Hello, 

I updated Windows 10 to the newest version 2004 and now I cann't update the AMD Driver to 20.2.2. The AMD-software show me the update, but when I startz the ddownload it breaks down at around 52%. 

So, what can I do that I can install the newest driver. 

I also tried to download it from the AMD page, but there was the fault, that I have the wrong Windows Version. 

So, is the newest AMD driver not compatible with Windows 10 64-bit (2004)?

1 Solution

Seems like you are on a Windows Preview version (April 2020) that hasn't come out officially.

AMD doesn't support Windows Preview versions for their drivers. Need to wait until the official Windows version comes out and see if the AMD driver will install properly.

For now you will need to open a Windows Preview Microsoft Support ticket to get any help.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

you may need to reinstall windows clean, lost of problems with Radeon drivers and windows bugs

0 Likes

Seems like you are on a Windows Preview version (April 2020) that hasn't come out officially.

AMD doesn't support Windows Preview versions for their drivers. Need to wait until the official Windows version comes out and see if the AMD driver will install properly.

For now you will need to open a Windows Preview Microsoft Support ticket to get any help.

wandrer
Adept II

17 more Days and the final version is already available as ISO for testers.

Even Intel has drivers for 2004 now, but nothing available from AMD, not even a test driver. Was AMD really hit that hard by Corona?

wandrer
Adept II

Now final version is available since last week. Build 19041.264. And still no Info about an updated AMD driver, but some crazy artifacts in game like GW2. If you would have released them earlier, many players could have tested and reported these before the drivers would be released on 26nd of may..

Today Windows 10 Build 19041 starts rolling out and still no sign of an AMD driver which supports the new driver model, not on the AMD.com page oder via WindowsUpdate.

UPDATE 2020-05-26 19:30

Since yesterday there is a new driver 20.4.2 as WHQL version, but that one can't be installed as it gives out a error 1603.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 

20.5.1 is now available

0 Likes

And this one finally works.

0 Likes

For 20.5.1 the same error on Windows 10 (2004). Error 1603 occurs too.

jnw wrote:

For 20.5.1 the same error on Windows 10 (2004). Error 1603 occurs too.

Looks like it is time for windows 10 reset

automate your backups

0 Likes

20.5.1 worked for me fine. Alternatively you can try installing the driver via Windows Device Manager.

Btw I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19041.264. GFX hardware is a AMD RX 5700 by Sapphire and the Spellforce 3 Bugstill exists in the driver after half a year. The developer even closed its formerly open ticket system because of a few new reports everyday of players who can't play the game at because of a device hung error.

I install AMD 20.5.1 on Windows 10 (1909). Works fine!

It seems that Windows 10 (2004) is not jet completely ready