cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jonbros
Adept I

Can't install Adrenalin 17.12.1 with Vega 64 + X99 chipset + Windows 10

Hi,  I read that theirs issue related to Vega, Adrenalin 17.12.1 and the X99 Chipset.  Is their any workaround to have the driver install properly?  The installation never finish and my system either hang or reboot automatically.  I have 4 GPU,  I tried with only 1 and I got same results.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
skinner
Adept III

Re: Can't install Adrenalin 17.12.1 with Vega 64 + X99 chip set + Windows 10

Same here. All the trouble again.. Tried ddu, mixing displayports, all I get is a reboot...

0 Kudos
jonbros
Adept I

Re: Can't install Adrenalin 17.12.1 with Vega 64 + X99 chipset + Windows 10

Trouble you say?!...  I was hopping to get official drivers that work with blockchain compute, I'm still runny the old buggy beta blockchain drivers. Vega can really shine on Cryptonight but only using the beta blockchain drivers..  Lets pray that those 17.12.1 finally enable full compute power for Vega.

0 Kudos
skinner
Adept III

This is the second time I am encountering extreme issues to simply install a driver. First it was my thunderbolt feature in my motherboard which won't go along with the drivers, which I have to disable. But this time I dont know what's the issue.  I spend 3 hours about cleaning reinstalling, changing biossettings, but nothing helped. Sometimes one gpu would install, but the installation never finish and the system reboots. It's unbelievable  this is happening again.

0 Kudos
skinner
Adept III

I managed to install the driver by switching thunderbolt on first. Now the driver and settings installs, but only one GPU and no CF is available in settings (reported that bug a few months ago). But after a reboot and switching thunderbolt off in bios, the other GPU and CF are initialised and everything is fine.

But this can't be normal

Btw, I thought HBC was available for crossfire now?

0 Kudos