cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

curvier
Journeyman III

Can't get Radeon ProRender for Maya to work.

I'm using Autodesk Maya 2018 on Windows 10 and would like to use ProRender.

I am currently using a Radeon Pro WX4100 with a Ryzen 1600 and 16GB RAM

I followed the user guide and installed ProRender as instructed, The ProRender shelf

appeared in Maya but when I try to activate in through the Plugin manager I get this error:

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: The specified module could not be found.

I have tried on 2 separate machines and get the same error, I've also tried uninstalling Maya 2018 and installed 2017 and

get the same error, but when I install others such as Render-man, V-ray even Octane with my old GeForce card they all work.

0 Likes
2 Replies
curvier
Journeyman III

I've finally fixed it!

All it was is that Visual C++ Redistributable Packages don't come pre-installed,

as I don't play games often I haven't installed any which usually automatically install

this software.

For the fix: Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download...

0 Likes

Having another issue, with maya2018, tried what u mentioned, no succes.

GPU : R290x 3GB

PC : intel core i5 4Ghz 8Gig ram

Windows 10 64-bit

Latest prorender plugin, also installed new drivers 18.3.4 today to give it a try, and in the end even did a 100% clean install of drivers, software,... the long run

Issue :

after adding an object, activated prorender, all ok.

after adding a second object, virwport goes black wichever i choose where prorender is activated. when i remove 1 of the 2 objects, no matter wich one, the other appears again??

Tried with lights, materials, ... no succes.

Same plugin version tested on blender all works well.

anyone else having similar problems with regular gpu and drivers

Ty to all who can help out already

0 Likes